Items to leave?

RedRover96

We do have plenty of insulated glasses, however they are Tervis. What I'm bringing on the cruise aren't, bought the new ones on a closeout they appear to be of good quality, simply figure need to leave some stuff behind because of packing space. And we plan on using them up to the final morning for coffee.

Thanks for everyone's response,

RedRover96

And we plan on using them up to the final morning for coffee.
Then I would just leave them on a table in your disembarkation lounge when they call your color. Maybe they will find a new home, maybe they will end up in a trash vortex in the middle of the ocean. Everything ends up there sooner or later anyway.

If you buy any small fragile trinkets it might be useful to hang on to one of the cups to transport them safely home.

Why not donate them to HAL? They could use them as ashtrays on their balconies.

Posted in poor taste, senseless, childish and certainly uncalled for. OP was looking for constructive answers.

Donating to children at last port would be a great idea. Wish I had thought of that on our last cruise.

If you have ever taken the "Behind the scenes tour" you would know how they handle the items that are no longer usable. They are either crushed, ground up and recycled, or burned.

Having said that, many items some of you consider trash can be a blessing for others who don't have the means to have everything new.

On my fishing trips to Mexico, I have left many items including used clothing, fishing gear, thermos bottles etc. These items were accepted graciously and put to good use. No embarassment or guilt.

Leave what you don't want to take home and it will be handled.

Edited by swedish weave

I would leave them... at home.

Drink coffee out of the same cups thousands of passengers drink out of each day.

I am always amazed at the things people say they pack.

For th first time, DW and I will attempt to do 2 days on a ship, plus 2 days land with one backpack each -- carry on only.

No tumblers required...

[quote name='triptolemus']I would leave them... at home.

Drink coffee out of the same cups thousands of passengers drink out of each day.

I am always amazed at the things people say they pack.

For th first time, DW and I will attempt to do 2 days on a ship, plus 2 days land with one backpack each -- carry on only.

No tumblers required...[/QUOTE]

You can easily fit a weeks kit in a backpack unless it is a kiddies lunch box one.