Disembarking Copenhagen

Alicomp

Can anyone who recently disembarked in Copenhagen say which would be better: arranging a private transfer from the ship to the airport or taking the Princess transfer. Our flight to London is at 2 PM. What are your experiences?

Thank you.

Can anyone who recently disembarked in Copenhagen say which would be better: arranging a private transfer from the ship to the airport or taking the Princess transfer. Our flight to London is at 2 PM. What are your experiences?

A Princess xfer will get you to the airport in plenty of time to make your flight.

• 3 weeks later...

The ship arrives at 5AM and we would like to get to the airport as early as possible after that, with expedited disembarking. We want to catch an earlier flight to London than 2PM. and continue on to ORD. Has anyone done this prior?

I'm also interested in finding out about any private excursions to Normandy and Berlin. Has anyone booked thru Viatours? Did it work? I think they are less expensive than Princess. Or have you found people at the dock that will take you?

A Princess xfer will get you to the airport in plenty of time to make your flight.

The ship arrives at 5AM and we would like to get to the airport as early as possible after that, with expedited disembarking. We want to catch an earlier flight to London than 2PM. and continue on to ORD. Has anyone done this prior?

I'm also interested in finding out about any private excursions to Normandy and Berlin. Has anyone booked thru Viatours? Did it work? I think they are less expensive than Princess. Or have you found people at the dock that will take you?

Are you talking about Viator? I haven't heard of Viatours. If you are, then I have used Viator for many tours and have had a great experience with all of the tours (really great) and transfers (good) I've booked through them. The main thing you need to worry about when going so far into Germany and away from the port is that your tour operator will guarantee to get you back to the ship in time. Even if you have that written guarantee, I would have a Plan B just in case something goes wrong. For example, know the train schedule and which train will get you back to the ship in time for departure.

You should easily be able to catch a flight well before 2pm if your ship arrives back in CPH on time. I think Princess' recommendation for booking flights is something like after 10am.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

OP here. If we take the Princess transfer to the airport (Copenhagen) do we pick up our luggage and roll it to the bus or is it carried to the bus for us?

Thanks again.

We did the Princess transfer last year. Our checked luggage which was collected the night before was at the airport just outside of the terminal building waiting for us. We had to take our hand luggage ourselves to the bus. When you get your luggage at the airport they provide trolleys so you can put everything on it and wheel it inside the terminal.

We did the Princess transfer last year as as one of the other replies stated, then dropped us off just outside the terminal and all of our luggage was across the street in a building....grab a cart, your luggage, and go check in...very easy.

How mobile and athletic are you? We did the walk to the train station and did the 1 connection we needed to get to the Airport. The way to the train was marked in blue paint on the ground. It was easy and cheap. Some lady even walked us to the right train on the transfer.

We had planned to take a taxi but there was a huge line and no taxi's because it was raining that morning. Maybe they were picking up their fares with locals.

How mobile and athletic are you? We did the walk to the train station and did the 1 connection we needed to get to the Airport. The way to the train was marked in blue paint on the ground. It was easy and cheap.

Did you do this recently, after Princess started docking a long way from the port entrance?