Maho Beach...planes

csfedyshyn

Ok. Hubby and I are heading on Celebrity Summit April 18 and he really wants to go to Maho Beach and watch the planes come in. I have yet to book any excursions and I trying to figure out whats the best way to see the planes (tour or on our own).

Any tips and other things to do and see while in St. Maarten?

Did this a few years ago and will do it again later this month. We just took a cab from the pier. Shared with others there and it was a reasonable price. A great day and a must see. Although the actual beach is not the best, there is a nice bar at the end to watch the take offs from ( I would not be on the beach for that). For the landings, be on the beach for the best views and pics,

We took a tour with Bernard's Tours. It was perfect for us! With this tour you will visit Orient Beach and Maho. Our guide stopped off at a couple other spots. It was a great day and very nice having a driver waiting. Highly recommend Bernard's. Google the name and you'll find his website.

We took a tour with Bernard's Tours. It was perfect for us! With this tour you will visit Orient Beach and Maho. Our guide stopped off at a couple other spots. It was a great day and very nice having a driver waiting. Highly recommend Bernard's. Google the name and you'll find his website.

Second vote for Bernard. He will take you to Orient first for a couple of hours it's a beautiful beach - (NOTE: be aware there is frontal in most areas and full nudity in certain stretches of the beach - no issue for me but some are sensitive). He then stops at Marigot for a quick break and market shopping. then to Maho just in time for the bigger planes (about a 1/2 hour stop - this is enough - not much to do other than see the planes take off/land). He will either drop you in town if you want more shopping or at port - your choice. He gives a great tour and is economical. Highly recommend

Check out Viator Tours for their "Half Day Beach Tour". I believe it was $39 pp. We did this tour 3 weeks ago and loved it! Our driver Eddie took us to Orient Beach for 2-hrs and to Maho Beach for 2-hrs, while showing us the history of St. Martin while enroute. He even provided all the water, beer and rum punch that we wanted...for free! I HIGHLY recommend using Viator and booking this tour!

:cool:Bill

Or....

If you want to have a beach day and do Maho, you can catch a cab and have them take you to Mullet Bay, which is a beautiful beach and 1 beach over from Maho.

We spent the morning there and around 11ish walked over to Maho. The walk is about 10-15 minutes and through town. Super easy to do. Then spend the rest of the day watching the planes come in.

I have reviews and tons of pictures of our day there listed in my signature line. :)

Highly recommend seeing the planes land over Maho Beach. We signed up and did the Bernard Tour - really fun for the whole family. I was thinking the Maho Beach part would be a lot of hype but it was so fun to see the landings. My teenagers absolutely loved it! There is a flight schedule posted at the bar there, and it is especially exciting to be there when the large Air France and KLM come in.

If you just want to do Maho then your best bet is to grab a cab at the pier. If you would like to spread your day out then Bernards tours is a great way to spend your day. I have gone both routes. I am about to head back for a 3rd visit and this time I will do as I did last time and just grab a taxi to maho for a drink or 2, plane watch and then head back to the ship.

We took a cab this past December. $7 pp each way. Got to Maho around 10:30 and stayed till about 3. Beach bar drinks and food is inexpensive. Great time. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

So there is many taxi's waiting there to take you back? I couldn't remember cause we've done it on a tour so didn't really look and pay attention. But this next time we would like to just go there and have a few drinks, eat and see the planes.

So there is many taxi's waiting there to take you back? I couldn't remember cause we've done it on a tour so didn't really look and pay attention. But this next time we would like to just go there and have a few drinks, eat and see the planes.

Plenty of taxi's waiting to take you back. They line up there at the street and if there's none there, they are driving back and forth watching the people on the beach. If you even look like you are about to gather your stuff to leave, they will pull over and ask if you need a ride. :)

On the off chance there isn't one there, the people at the restaurant can call one of your. They have walkie talkies when we were there and kept in touch with them.

If you just want to do Maho then your best bet is to grab a cab at the pier. If you would like to spread your day out then Bernards tours is a great way to spend your day. I have gone both routes. I am about to head back for a 3rd visit and this time I will do as I did last time and just grab a taxi to maho for a drink or 2, plane watch and then head back to the ship.

Hello!

Think we just want to taxi over to Maho for drinks and to watch the planes, but I am curious as to what Bernard offers? Is there a link for more information that you might kindly share?

Thank you!