Carnival website issues

beloum

Not sure if anyone else has been having these issues or if there is an easy fix, but have been having two major problems.

First, ever since making my final payment, my booking is no longer saved to my profile. Every time I log in, I need to re-enter booking number, name birthday, ship, sailing date, etc., to access my booking. Even if I check the "save to profile box, the same thing happens next time I log in.

Second, I cannot purchase excursions. They come up for my cruise when I access my booking, but when I try to "add to cart", I get an error message saying no info found. Tried several excursions in different ports. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I've tried different computers, my phone, tablet, all the same issues. Thanks.

If nothing else, you can submit an email to their technical department to see if they can help. The other thing I would try is looking at your security settings? I'm not sure techie, but I wonder if it's not remembering your prior settings because of your security? Since its all your devices though, I'd say it's a glitch on their side.

I've sent the techs an email before from the website, but don't remember where exactly I found it. Maybe try contact us at bottom? Good luck!

Not sure if anyone else has been having these issues or if there is an easy fix, but have been having two major problems.

First, ever since making my final payment, my booking is no longer saved to my profile. Every time I log in, I need to re-enter booking number, name birthday, ship, sailing date, etc., to access my booking. Even if I check the "save to profile box, the same thing happens next time I log in.

Second, I cannot purchase excursions. They come up for my cruise when I access my booking, but when I try to "add to cart", I get an error message saying no info found. Tried several excursions in different ports. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I've tried different computers, my phone, tablet, all the same issues. Thanks.

I have the same problem. I cannot get one of my bookings to stay in my account. I have spoken with tech support and they recognize the problem and are "working on it"... I doubt it will be fixed.

But alas, there is a way you can get to your booking. :)

On the Carnival.com website, scroll down to the bottom. Under the heading "Already Booked", select the last item, "Organizer Access". Answer the info they ask for and you will then be able to access your booking. This was explained to me by a Carnival tech rep.

And yes, I have cleaned out my cookies, cache, etc. Am VERY computer literate and do this every day to reduce the liability of viruses, malware, etc. I hate being "tracked"

Any clues why this problem seems to impact some users of the website and it's booking "functions" and others seem not to have these issues?

I think in my case it is because my booking has seen "numerous" changes. The good thing is that it still exists and I can access it. I just wish I could get it back into my "group" instead of the "organizer access" function.

Can you make a new user name and set up your VIFP number under that user name and move everything over?

crysstyd, I think I would try EVERY other option before trying to change my user ID! You run a huge risk of having all your past information lost and a big hassle to get it back! Because this works with some folks and not others, I would bet it has to do with some web setting or the particular browser generation folks are using.

To those having issues, you may want to check your browser to be sure you are using the most current update and not one that is several generations old. Just my 2cents! ;)

crysstyd, I think I would try EVERY other option before trying to change my user ID! You run a huge risk of having all your past information lost and a big hassle to get it back! Because this works with some folks and not others, I would bet it has to do with some web setting or the particular browser generation folks are using.

To those having issues, you may want to check your browser to be sure you are using the most current update and not one that is several generations old. Just my 2cents! ;)

yes, don't change your account. In the case of my problem, it is a technical issue with Carnival. My browsers are all current and still have a problem with my one booking. My other two are fine. Like I mentioned earlier, you can get to your booking through the "organizer access" link at the bottom of the Carnival page.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the suggestions. Nothing seemed to work; even a call to the tech dept didn't get anywhere. However, when I logged in using my wife's login, all was well and I was able to purchase excursions with no problem. Go figure. Thanks again.

I have problems at random times when I go to manage my booking. I will log in, it says, "Hi, Ginger," and posts how many days left till my cruise. Then when I try to "manage" my booking it makes me log in again, and again, and again. If I click around enough, sometimes I can pull up my info, and sometimes it won't give me anything. Frustrating!

I had the SAME issue for several months, with the IT folks telling me it was just a glitch that would soon be fixed. I finally made a call to Carnival and kept getting passed around enough until one lady was able to help me. It was somehow figured out that my VIFP number/account was "corrupt" and had to be changed, thus a new account was created. I have not had the issue since. Perhaps ask them to check and see if your account is corrupt?