Silhouette Review - 1/18-25 - Love this ship

njaloha

Oh yes! We met you at the Molecular Bar and at Mindy and Phil's the last formal night!!!

I thought we might have met you at Mindy and Phil's! Seems like so long ago-four weeks, but with all of this snow and frigid temps I am ready to go again!

I thought we might have met you at Mindy and Phil's! Seems like so long ago-four weeks, but with all of this snow and frigid temps I am ready to go again!

Me too me too.

You guys were beautiful and hilarious. What a great time!

Great review thanks for posting, we are on the Silhouette in March but on the western itinerary. Please can anyone let me know which days were your formal nights and fingers crossed my big four zero:eek: will fall on a formal night!

Cheers:D

Edited by Esk

We are also on the Western route in Dec 2015 and really looking forward to it. have sailed Celebrity twice, but really want to try a Solstice class ship. Since we get Elite Status on Celebrity and with the free bev pkg, it was hard to turn down.

So really excited about Silhouette for my birthday in Dec:p

Great review thanks for posting, we are on the Silhouette in March but on the western itinerary. Please can anyone let me know which days were your formal nights and fingers crossed my big four zero:eek: will fall on a formal night!

Cheers:D

Probably 1st day (sea day) and day you're in Labadee since in my experience formal nights are never the last night at sea.

We are also on the Western route in Dec 2015 and really looking forward to it. have sailed Celebrity twice, but really want to try a Solstice class ship. Since we get Elite Status on Celebrity and with the free bev pkg, it was hard to turn down.

So really excited about Silhouette for my birthday in Dec:p

I can totally understand your excitement. You'll love the Silhouette and the solstice class. There's so much to love. Lots of room to spread out. And a good deal is hard to resist. Have fun.

Thanks for the review. Sounds like you had a great time:)

Sorry you were yelled out by security at check in:eek:...for using too many

baskets? Geeezz......

Yeah, guess I was 'slowing down' the process. You're quite welcome. and yes, we had a blast. Met a lot of really neat people.

Did you happen to notice - I know when we are on Summit, all the beer (Miller Lite) was in bottles. Was it the same on Silhouette or was it in cans (I Hope)

I'm not sure. I saw beer in bottles. Not sure about cans. We don't drink beer so I didn't pay really close attention that. :)

Great review. Lots of useful info for my first cruise on the Silhouette. Also good to know about security. I got yelled at by security sailing out of Baltimore once. Sorta puts a damper on the boarding experience.

A little but I shook it off and moved on and by the time we were walking up the gangway to the ship, I really was jumping up and down with excitement. I really love that ship. :D

Thanks for the review. I'm on the that itinerary in April. My wife and I are also planning to walk to either the Fort or El Morro. Guess I need to spend some time looking at a map.:)

You can't go too wrong. Old Town is a grid of streets. I think if you walk up to the castle and then down to El Morro you should do fine. Have fun.

Thanks for the post! I have only sailed on the Reflection and the Silhouette seems like the next logical choice.....I think/hope? :D

I think it can be all about the departure port and destination ports. However, I would like to try the Reflection some time in the future. My dream cruise from Florida would have to be the 14-night Exotic Caribbean on the Eclipse. Otherwise, my dream cruise would have to be the Solstice 12 night New Zealand cruise.