Amsterdam port to airport

grandgeezer

I am seriously considering the 14 day transatlantic on the Silhouette, in April. In order to plan the return flight can anybody tell me how far it is (time or miles) from the cruise port to the airport in Amsterdam?

Timing is Impossible to predict if you take a taxi or bus.

You are 15 minutes walk fro Central station and a short train ride right into the airport.

The pier is adjacent to the Movenpick Hotel and a shuttle bus will take you direct to the airport for about 15 Euros ...

Arno's description is almost what we did, but we're lazier. Just outside the port, we hopped on the Metro, rode the two or three stops to Central Station, then took the train. The debark in Amsterdam was EXTREMELY easy. You could probably make a 10:00 AM flight (although I'd want a little more margin that that).

Harris

Denver, CO

Arno's description is almost what we did, but we're lazier. Just outside the port, we hopped on the Metro, rode the two or three stops to Central Station, then took the train. The debark in Amsterdam was EXTREMELY easy. You could probably make a 10:00 AM flight (although I'd want a little more margin that that).

Harris

Denver, CO

Just a point on this, on a previous sailing returning to Amsterdam, we were late docking and several passengers missed their early international flights. I can't remember exactly what the hold-up was, something to do with the amount of traffic all attempting to dock at the port that morning. I believe it was way after 8am before any pax started disembarking ;).

On another occasion on Connie, we also did not leave from the pier adjacent to the Movenpick, it was a container terminal further out of town which our taxi driver did eventually find :eek:!

A few things to consider before booking flights with tight time constraints ;).

I am seriously considering the 14 day transatlantic on the Silhouette, in April. In order to plan the return flight can anybody tell me how far it is (time or miles) from the cruise port to the airport in Amsterdam?

My understanding is that there's a #26 shuttle that you can take from the cruiseport to the Centraal railroad station, and from there, there are six trains per hour that go directly to the airport. If you want to walk to the station, it will take you about 15 minutes.