Transfer a future cruise credit back from a TA?

CMDE

I booked a future cruise credit while onboard a cruise in May, 2013, which I had transferred to my travel agent at the time. I would prefer to book on my own going forward or possibly with a different TA. Has anybody had any luck transferring it from a TA back to the cruise line? Or to a different TA? I called RC and they referred me to a form online. I am just not sure I have the paperwork (i.e. the booking number) without asking my old TA and I would prefer not to make any waves. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by CMDE

I booked a future cruise credit while onboard a cruise in May, 2013, which I had transferred to my travel agent at the time. I would prefer to book on my own going forward or possibly with a different TA. Has anybody had any luck transferring it from a TA back to the cruise line? Or to a different TA? I called RC and they referred me to a form online. I am just not sure I have the paperwork (i.e. the booking number) without asking my old TA and I would prefer not to make any waves. Does anyone have any experience with this?

The TA that holds the booking has to consent to losing it. No way to do it without contacting the old TA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are you sure it was sent to the TA? This happened to me once a long time ago and actually RCI had never really sent it to the TA. They let me have ownership of it and I booked directly with RCI. So you might want to verify with RCI.

Have you actually converted the credits to real bookings (ie: a ship and sail date?) If so I did exactly that about a year ago. I contacted RC who had me fill out a form which I believe I had to fax or scan / email back to them. They contacted the TA whose name the bookings were in. I checked back a week later and and the reservations were back in RC'a name. I did not have to contact the TA.

I would think the process would be the same even if you hadn't converted it to an actual ship/ sail date.

We also did the booking aboard the ship. We booked with a different travel agent since they were offering a better price. Our old travel agent was nice and immediately released the booking, but RCL said that they did not receive, so our old travel agent released it two more times to RCL. Now our current travel agent is awaiting RCL's reply. It's been ongoing now for about a month. Lucky we are not leaving for seven months.