TUI to Restructure and Change Thomson Cruises!! - Announcmen & Plans in May

Price not bad, but I didn't have the wine package as I only drink red and they wanted me to have white and fizz in the package.

Do you get the bottles in MDR and can you carry them round the bars and in the theatre to drink, and just ask for a glass?

Getting back to newer ship,s i would be more than happy with MS I and 2 as i have been on the summit and found it to my liking sister ships to the mein shiff,s base one in Southampton and take on the big boy,s and retreat to the carribean in the winter. :)

TUI has revealed their 2016/17 itineraries. Just had a look to see what they're offering - predominantly 10/11 night itineraries which is good. Overnight stops in Barcelona. New 14 night cruises around Central America, a bit like the ones Dream used to do. Better than the Montego Bay offerings they're trying. Also Orient and Far East, and a big emphasis of Northern Europe.

TUI has revealed their 2016/17 itineraries. Just had a look to see what they're offering - predominantly 10/11 night itineraries which is good. Overnight stops in Barcelona. New 14 night cruises around Central America, a bit like the ones Dream used to do. Better than the Montego Bay offerings they're trying. Also Orient and Far East, and a big emphasis of Northern Europe.

Gosh - that sounds promising!!!! Wonder which ships they will be?

Just back from Majesty bad cruise really bad husband is a Coeliac and there practices are really poor ended up with him being glutened

Sennen

I have heard this several times before with the Majesty that they just can't cater for a gluten free diet which is the major reason why we have never travelled on the ship. I always carry out a lot of research before booking to see how well the cruise ships can cater for GF. Spirit, Celebration & the Dream have always catered exceptionally well for my family who are Coeliac. Such a shame your husband was glutend - not nice on holiday.

Where to start Yes Thomson do need to pull their finger out . First I think they need to have people at the top that care about their regular customers As for the ships yes they are getting on but are kept spotlessly clean Their staff on ship are a credit to them. So they are looking to RCL .Does that mean very large ships . That would turn me off to start with. Grats will that mean they will not be included I believe in tipping those that look after me and not the waiter that is the other side of the bar. Prices on the ship I was talking to people a while back that were on RCL and they told me the cheapest bootle of wine in the dinning room was 32.5 $ + service ( do not know how true that is)

I do think it will cost us a lot more to cruise

Where to start Yes Thomson do need to pull their finger out . First I think they need to have people at the top that care about their regular customers As for the ships yes they are getting on but are kept spotlessly clean Their staff on ship are a credit to them. So they are looking to RCL .Does that mean very large ships . That would turn me off to start with. Grats will that mean they will not be included I believe in tipping those that look after me and not the waiter that is the other side of the bar. Prices on the ship I was talking to people a while back that were on RCL and they told me the cheapest bootle of wine in the dinning room was 32.5 $ + service ( do not know how true that is)

I do think it will cost us a lot more to cruise

It isn't costing the Germans much more if anything at all.

Is this Tui, as in Germany or Thomson UK, Sailaway?

Edited by Julessmiles

Is this Tui, as in Germany or Thomson UK, Sailaway?

My hopes were raised and then quickly dashed when I read Sailaway's post a second time. I believe it is TUI as in Germany. Last night I googled TUI cruises 2016/17 and it brought up their new brochure. Unfortunately, I don't read German.....:(. I did wonder if us Brits are going to be "allowed" to book on German TUI cruises ...same as Canadians are being offered cruises on Dream in the Caribbean. Does anyone know whether TUI German cruises visit UK ports at present? I suppose they must do?

My hopes were raised and then quickly dashed when I read Sailaway's post a second time. I believe it is TUI as in Germany. Last night I googled TUI cruises 2016/17 and it brought up their new brochure. Unfortunately, I don't read German.....:(. I did wonder if us Brits are going to be "allowed" to book on German TUI cruises ...same as Canadians are being offered cruises on Dream in the Caribbean. Does anyone know whether TUI German cruises visit UK ports at present? I suppose they must do?

MS 1 21st may and MS4 26 sept just port,s of call in at so,ton i hope this will help :D

Have we had any feedback about how this is working, or what the Canadians have made of the Thomson experience? We were wondering on here about the move beforehand - but the success will be measured by the up-take and reviews. I'd be interested to know if anyone has heard anything.

Have we had any feedback about how this is working, or what the Canadians have made of the Thomson experience? We were wondering on here about the move beforehand - but the success will be measured by the up-take and reviews. I'd be interested to know if anyone has heard anything.

hi kruzeeka iam joining the dream 3rd march will keep ear,s pinned back and will let know :cool:

A very few mentions on FB. One in particular I remember was that some Canadians on board were not too happy, but at the time neither were those from the UK.

• 2 weeks later...
Date in the diary:

Restructure and the plans for the 'new' Thomson Cruises should be revealed on 13th May.

So after the brochure. That blows my theory.

But why announce something which will take over a year to come to fruition and what about the odd port listings????:confused:

its a bit of an odd turnaround this tui/thoms/thoms/tui merger thing with tui/rci

wasnt this the way island cruises operated? (in partnership with rci)

until rci suddenly without any warning wanted their ship back (island star) and pulled out (leaving island escape/island cruises dead in the water)

now thomsons/tui cruise are being swallowed back up (by tui) in partnership with rci again

tui are saying that they are 'gonna be big!... ie big players in cruise' what bigger than rci? or bigger because of their partnership with rci?.... rci wont want to be heading into a future where tui cruise could outshine/out monopolise them? (if tui do happen to make those huge profits from cruise that they are hoping for?)

what if rci pull the same stunt on tui and suddenly (without impunity) want their (mein shiffs?) back? that would leave thomsons and a large chunk of tui... dead in the water (not very big at all? or actually not even in existence anymore)

and an afterthought... where would this leave louis ....stuck with a load of ships they cant sell? this could shake up the whole european industry? with rci calling the shots

Sort of. Island Cruises was started by First Choice and RCI as a joint venture. Then TUI/Thomson took over First Choice and presumably didn't like the arrangement at the time so bought out RCI, and also presumably thats when the deal was done for RCI to take back "Island Star".

Now they have successfully operated TUI Cruises with RCI, they want to take Thomson Cruises down the same road, although because it's an existing cruise line, will have to be phased in gradually, but if it leads to newer ships, then it's all good news me thinks.

Louis only own Majesty and not Spirit

Very true, but Louis lease the Spirit from HAL and sub-lease her to Thomson. Depending on the terms of the main lease, Louis could well find themselves still responsible for her even after Thomson have finished with the ship.

Edited by BaggersCruising

Hi! I'm getting a bit worried about the food now. I'm joining the Celebration in April. If you could compare the food to food available on the British high street how would it compare? Is it even edible?! Thanks.

Hi! I'm getting a bit worried about the food now. I'm joining the Celebration in April. If you could compare the food to food available on the British high street how would it compare? Is it even edible?! Thanks.

Hi Funkylady.

You might get more of a response starting a new thread with this one.

But to answer your question, the food we have had on every Thomson ship is good. Never had any problems either in the buffet or MDR. Plenty of choice and a good quality.

Joe.

We spoke to a couple of Canadians who were not happy at all. They felt the Dream was quite down market.

And your point is what exactly ?

Its an old ship, and when you compare it to the brand new ships available to the US/Canada market, yes it is an old hand me down.

Date in the diary:

Restructure and the plans for the 'new' Thomson Cruises should be revealed on 13th May.

As I revealed in an exclusive, darling.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn had a romantic weekend away. Now she tired. So very tired. Go Lynn