Rhapsody Quuestions.

Wyuna1

Sailing on Rhapsody in 3 weeks and have been surprised by the lack of posts making comment on Rhapsody both good and bad. I have noticed that on the Royal UK site over 100 cabins are still available, is she sailing full or near full each cruise. How were the shows and entertainment, food any particular activities we should not miss. Could any recent passengers enlighten me.

Sailing on Rhapsody in 3 weeks and have been surprised by the lack of posts making comment on Rhapsody both good and bad. I have noticed that on the Royal UK site over 100 cabins are still available, is she sailing full or near full each cruise. How were the shows and entertainment, food any particular activities we should not miss. Could any recent passengers enlighten me.

We sailed on Rhapsody 3 times last year and had no problems with it. Remember it is a smaller and older ship (that's why it is in Australia) so everything is not like the larger/newer ships. Having said that, we had no problems with anything. I think she was refitted a couple of years ago. Food, shows, entertainment is similar to other RCL ships we have been on. The crew were very friendly.

Anyway, a cruise is always a good cruise. Depends on your attitude.

Diane

We were on Rhapsody Jan.'15...one of the best cruises we have been on for a while, it was a last minute booking (Tues before it sailed Sat)...There was a combo of things that made it good, Pool bar selling 20 oz draught beer 2 for 1....great lot of people on the Evening dinner table, warm to hot weather that made the beer taste better, great poolside entertainment and NO NFL (American Football) on the big screen...Australia Day was a real hoot, even a cricket match on the big screen (thanks Graham Seymour)...we had seen most of the Shows over the past year or so, still a night out that we wouldn't do at home...we only opted out of one show, but can't remember what it was...the Buddy Holly Show was a fantastic young Aussie guy..We'd seen the magician twice before but was well worth the 3rd time when he involved our dinner partners in his 2nd show.

We didn't have lobster on the 2nd last night (which used to be traditional) but we did have the Italian night and Chef's parade and serenade...love this tradition, the staff really enjoy it and show it.

Staff were friendly, Captain Rob Hemptsead and Graham Seymour were generous with their time...would sail anywhere on any ship if they were in charge.

I was on the following cruise 28/1 and loved it. It has been 3 years I was on her last and that was pre refurb. Our cruise was also selling last minute bargains but once onboard there was a sign showing no free cabins for upgrades. I know that the Royal Suite was available for the first few days as we were lucky enough to be given a tour. It was also having a soft refurb ready for guests about 1/2 way through the cruise.

I don't think she is showing her age, in fact I didn't notice any tattered furnishings or anything around public areas. There was a small rip in the padding beside my bed! OH NO!!

I thought the food was excellent and always plenty of choices. I didn't dine in any of the restaurants but my tablemates said all three were excellent. Same as retyredgreynoma said, we didn't have lobster on our last formal night either, they were advertising it for $30 (??) each night as an extra at dinner. We also didn't have the Italian night or any of the parade or serenading.

Captain Rob was a very amusing bloke and I always enjoyed his daily updates. Graham has left the ship (sailed with him on Voyager and liked him) and was replace by Daniel (gee, I can't remember) who seemed to be ok too.

We didn't have the quest (how disappointing) but had something else in it's place which I didn't go to. On the last night at 9 there was a battle of the sexes which was very funny, maybe a lttle like the Quest.

That is a bit different.

They added steaks and lobster as an extra charge item to the menu every night. This is available around the world.

That is different from the one night included celebration lobster (as with Baked Alaska) they used to offer on cruises.