Heavy Weight bags on Independence?

Jhondy210

I'm very involved with Tae Kwon Do and am used to working on my techniques at least three times a week. Next week, my fiancé and I will be on the Independence of the Seas. I'd like to be able to continue working on my techniques while I'm on the cruise. I saw on RCCL that Independence has a boxing ring, do they actually have boxing classes? Also, are there heavy weight bags in the gym that passengers can use? I would want to bring my own gloves if there are heavy weight bags, do you think that would be a problem? If there isn't a heavy weight bag is there any open area in the gym that I could practice kicks without kicking anyone.

Thanks in advance.

I have spent many mornings in the gym on both Indy and Liberty. I have never seen any organized boxing at that time of day. I'm sure you could use use the ring if you like. I doubt you would be able to get anyone to spar with you. There is a large mirrored classroom on one side where you could practice your moves. I have used this area for privacy some mornings.

They do have heavy bags, but I don't remember if they were out the last time I sailed Indy.

Thanks for all the responses and the pictures. I definitely don't plan on sparring. That is too much useless gear to pack and take on a cruise! I was just hoping to be able to get at least 30 minutes or so of technique practice along with some other work out activities.