Booking Hyatt Place through Value Trips?

iheartmarshall

Thinking of booking the Hyatt Place in Fort Lauderdale in November for the night before our cruise. The price says $139. Then we have 4 people total so it says $10 each which brings us to $159. Do you know are the local state taxes already in the price or added after you book? Going with another couple so would like to give them a bottom line price before I book.

That does not include taxes/fees. I think if you do a mock booking it will show you the total.

I'm so sorry I forgot to state that I was booking thru value trips, so that makes a difference in if taxes and fees are included. I cannot do a mock booking. Does anyone know if value trips price includes these taxes and fees?

I checked my reservation and the price on Value Trips does not include taxes. Our room is $139 with 8.34 for sales tax, 6.95 for occupancy tax for a total of $154.29. Hope this helps.

I checked my reservation and the price on Value Trips does not include taxes. Our room is $139 with 8.34 for sales tax, 6.95 for occupancy tax for a total of $154.29. Hope this helps.

My valuetrips cost with taxes is &109.89 and that's with taxes. I got the price directly from the hotel.

• 3 weeks later...
I have stayed here before and have a reservation for our upcoming March cruise. It is definitely legit! My room was clean. The front desk staff is very nice. The hotel is within walking distance of Outback restaurant and others as well as a shopping mall (Total Wine, Duffy's restaurant, Publix, etc.). The hotel offers free shuttle from the FLL airport to the hotel and you can reserve seats on the shuttle bus from the hotel to the cruise port for a fee.

Just wondering if you are able to pay in cash for this hotel stay as the valuetrip.com asks for you credit card??

Were you able to receive confirmation from this company within 2 days via email?

Thanks.

You don't pay Valuetrips.com with your credit card. Your credit card simply holds the reservation at the hotel. You pay the hotel directly when you check out. You may want to call the hotel and inquire if they accept cash payments.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 4 rooms booked through Value Trips for Dec. I called Hyatt Place and asked about leaving a car while on a cruise and was told it would be $7 per day, cheaper than at the port. There is a charge for a shuttle to the port.

Call Hyatt Place to ask about parking.

We have made a reservation with Valuetrips on Friday....as of today...Wednesday still no confirmation, no response to email or phone call voicemail. Our friends also booked thru them and they have had no response as well. I called the Hyatt and they said they take reservations from them all the time and had just finished one for them. Should we be concerned?

We have made a reservation with Valuetrips on Friday....as of today...Wednesday still no confirmation, no response to email or phone call voicemail. Our friends also booked thru them and they have had no response as well. I called the Hyatt and they said they take reservations from them all the time and had just finished one for them. Should we be concerned?

No concern at all. I waited for about 7 seven days for my confirmation. Also you should check your spam mail; maybe your confirm got there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took me forever to receive a confirmation email back from valuetrips. Upon advice I read somewhere on CC, I also followed up by calling Hyatt Place to confirm my reservation, which checked out A-ok. (We have not yet stayed, our trip is upcoming in 3 weeks).

I have to admit, the valuetrip website, booking and confirmation process is all very hokey and not very professional nor impressive. Had I not read so much about them on this website I would have never input my credit card number for holding the reservation lol.

Love the fact that I saved quite a bit of money though! Was able to book at $99! Don't know what i'd do without CC :)

I too called the Hyatt to inquire about them...twice I was told they book a lot from them with no problems. However, be aware they do not always post what dates are blackout dates. Thankfully, we were able to get a reservation at the Westin with a better rate.

I just booked with them for November. 3 adults and a toddler. I'll wait for confirmation, but they list the blackout dates below and our date was 5 days outside of that so we should be good. :) Definitely the best rate for a nice hotel in an area that lets us explore shopping/food a bit and the free airport shuttle and breakfast don't hurt either!

I was wanting to check the rate for Jan 2016 and didn't see it. Is there a time they release these? Is there someone I could call to check?

Still wondering when they update their website with 2016 rates?

Make sure you check the address as there are 2 hotels called Hyatt Place in the area

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center

1851 SE 10th Ave (Harbor Shops Drive West) Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, 33316

Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

91 Southwest 18th Avenue Dania Beach, Florida, USA, 33004

If anyone is 62+ book the senior rate ;)

I can't find any spot on the Value Trips online reservation form to note the Senior rate. Do you put it in the additional comments box?

I can't find any spot on the Value Trips online reservation form to note the Senior rate. Do you put it in the additional comments box?

Sorry I booked with the hotel directly

Lyn

Still wondering when they update their website with 2016 rates?

I requested a date in January 2016 and they replied that I have to request again in August for January rates as they are not available yet.

Hyatt picks up in a passenger van - no way will 22 people and their luggage fit. Call the hotel directly about your group to discuss options or look for a private coach.

Hotel van pick up is at the far end of the terminal buildings, not in front of the terminal. The signs are clearly posted.

Darcy

Hyatt picks up in a passenger van - no way will 22 people and their luggage fit. Call the hotel directly about your group to discuss options or look for a private coach.

Hotel van pick up is at the far end of the terminal buildings, not in front of the terminal. The signs are clearly posted.

Darcy

Thanks for the info!

We will arrange for a taxi or coach for at least half of the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk