Experience Purchasing Spa Pass Getaway

kjquilts

Originally booked Escape for Jan 2016 in spa balcony stateroom so Larry and I and our grown daughter would all have spa access. Ended up cancelling this cruise and booking almost back to back Gem/Breakaway for Larry and I and our cruising friends in October 2016.

We are keeping these bookings but we still want to go on Escape with daughter and the current promos are just too good to pass up. Now rethinking 3 adults in the spa balcony stateroom and considering category 01 family ocean view stateroom and purchasing spa passes. Price would be similar and we'd have the advantage of a double sink and two closets and more space between the sleeping areas.

Question is whether anyone recently on the Getaway was able to purchase spa passes after boarding the ship. I was looking at my day 1 Freestyle Daily for Getaway Jan 17, 2015 and saw an entry showing time frame 11:30 to 3:00 VIP Spa Thermal Pass Sign Ups with an * that denotes a fee for the activity. This is rather different than we've seen on other ships.

The only option for the spa passes unless you got a spa cabin, is to buy them after you board. They are never available pre cruise. There are always free spa tours beginning at boarding time. We went to the Getaway Spa tour and they were doing mini massages for free. I would assume the * is there to indicate there is a price for the passes. There is no charge for the tour itself. I have never heard anyone say that went to buy the passes and were turned away.

The only option for the spa passes unless you got a spa cabin, is to buy them after you board. They are never available pre cruise. There are always free spa tours beginning at boarding time. We went to the Getaway Spa tour and they were doing mini massages for free. I would assume the * is there to indicate there is a price for the passes. There is no charge for the tour itself. I have never heard anyone say that went to buy the passes and were turned away.

Thank you. I guess I was over thinking it :) What surprised me was the wording "VIP Spa Thermal Pass Signups". We are platinum so quicker boarding and will head directly to the spa to check it out and purchase spa passes. Think this will be best option for the three of us and will be easier on the pocketbook than doing the spa mini suite. We dearly loved the Getaway and cannot wait to sail on the Escape.

You can just buy one day, right?

Yes. They sell limited number of spa passes.

We are also planning to get Spa passes. Spa balconies/mini suites for our sail date (Dec 2015-Escape) are already sold out. :(

I'm quite worried actually. So we're planning to arrive as early as we can to increase our chances of getting the passes.

I thought I read $99 per person or is it $189 for the cabin (we have 2 in the cabin)? My wife is going to do it, I may not. That's why I am asking for if it is one or the other price or both. Thanks, we know that you have to get their early as it sells out.

Yes. They sell limited number of spa passes.

We are also planning to get Spa passes. Spa balconies/mini suites for our sail date (Dec 2015-Escape) are already sold out. :(

I'm quite worried actually. So we're planning to arrive as early as we can to increase our chances of getting the passes.

Keep watching--especially near final payment. Some may become available. I've never seen or known of passes available in port of Miami the two times I've boarded Epic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I thought I read $99 per person or is it $189 for the cabin (we have 2 in the cabin)? My wife is going to do it, I may not. That's why I am asking for if it is one or the other price or both. Thanks, we know that you have to get their early as it sells out.

I have no idea about Escape, Getaway, or Breakaway (it appears these current ships have same deal as Epic). Separate spa passes on Epic in Nov. were $199/person for seven days. I think individual day passes were $40. when available. I think the fee is less on some of the smaller ships but not half. I've read that once upon a time, you could get a deal on a couples pass but no longer.

Edited by Rhea98

Keep watching--especially near final payment. Some may become available. I've never seen or known of passes available in port of Miami the two times I've boarded Epic.

We will keep watching. Thanks for the info. :)

I have no idea about Escape, Getaway, or Breakaway (it appears these current ships have same deal as Epic). Separate spa passes on Epic in Nov. were $199/person for seven days. I think individual day passes were $40. when available. I think the fee is less on some of the smaller ships but not half. I've read that once upon a time, you could get a deal on a couples pass but no longer.

Breakaway is $199 per person, I assume the other new ships are the same.

For the Epic, Breakaway and Getaway the price is $199/person for a 7-day cruise.

I believe the price of the Spa Pass is cheaper for the older ships.

Edited by aquarianne11

Don't count on it. Have never seen this offered. If they did, many people would just buy for the sea days only. I asked during the spa tour for Getaway. The answer was no.

I have read that you can get a 1 day pass on port days. Not a sea day.

Edited by cage keeper

The spa sells a limited number of passes per cruise. The pass is $189 or $199. You can purchase them before or after the tour. My mom enjoyed the heated tile loungers and therapy pool.

Current pricing for a weekly spapass is $149 or $199. Price is communicated onboard and depends whether your sailing is Peak or non Peak. Price on peak sailings are higher. In just got this info last week from an NCL rep and I also noticed it on a printed daily I found on this site.

Day passes were quoted at $45, but I don't recall discussing sea/port day availability.

I will be exploring the ports so that will not work for me. But if I have a massage scheduled can you use the spa the remainder of that day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I asked about that on board (spa access with massage or treatment) when we were on the Breakaway and the answer was no.

They don't sell day pass during the sea days because it can get crowded with the passengers in spa rooms and those with spa passes for the whole cruise.

Edited by aquarianne11

• 2 months later...