Carnival Cruise Tours in Alaska

oldracer

Carnival's presence in Alaska is very limited as you have already experienced. Only one ship with a mediocre roundtrip itinerary from Seattle that doesn't visit the most dramatic glacier viewing locales. This itinerary, while convenient for those looking for an easy way to see Alaska, doesn't go as far north, and it also limits your port time considerably as you spend a lot of time coming and then again returning to Seattle.

Cruise Tours are offered as a pre or post cruise package on one way itineraries that either begin or end in Whittier or Seward. Since Carnival doesn't offer this type of itinerary, they don't offer cruise tours. I highly recommend that you look at Princess and Holland America. They are the most experienced cruise lines in Alaska with the largest number of ships and most varied itineraries, including cruise tours.

Edited by Tapi

Disregard.

While a cruise to Alaska is typically an awesome experience, you only see a small portion of Alaska that way.

I believe the original poster was hoping to find a cruise/tour that would include being able to see more of the interior of Alaska.

That being said, I agree with Tapi that Holland America or Princess would be the better option, since they offer tours that go inland more. We did a 12 day land/7 night cruise tour on HAL a few years ago and totally feel it was worth every penny it cost.

I can't find any info on carnival cruise tours in Alaska. Do they have them? All other lines have them bookable on their website but nothing I can find for Carnival. Any ideas?

Not sure what you are referring to??? "Cruise tours" can mean, mainland additional touring before/after a cruise, usually these are combos with one way cruises, but, there are a few that are available with round trips.

OR do you mean tours in ports? Carnival does have these available online, through their manage link.

I do think, Carnival has one of the top three naturalists, sailing Alaska, on board, that can really enhance your trip. :)