Luminae and Suites (Specialty dining perk)

Iamthesea

Will the 2 free specialty dinner perk for booking a suite be taken away when Luminae Suite dining begins?

1 or 2 complimentary Specialty dinners for all guests in suite will remain as a part of the new Suite Class perks the only change is that from April RS and above will get Complimentary unlimited Specialty Dining:cool:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/celebrity-suite-class

Edited by groryjm

Thanks so much!

I upgraded to an SS tonight. :) Although rumored that Luminae will begin on my 3/28 Reflection cruise (instead of the following cruise) I am not counting on it operating early. If it is, I wanted to be sure the Suite perk was still in place. One Specialty dinner for a 7 night cruise, then. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

From what I read, they may use the seating in Luminae early, but that doesn't mean they would be serving the menu and have the kitchen ready. Only time will tell.

I personally think it would be smart / good business to open early and use a cruise before the official opening date to "test" it out.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I personally think it would be smart / good business to open early and use a cruise before the official opening date to "test" it out.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I do agree but, as the first cruise on each ship are "old" season cruises, they already believe that they are doing that. Having booked the last cruise of the season on Millennium [on the day the cruise was released for sale] we have always considered ourselves to be fortunate to be getting the new suite restaurant and perks for "free". We will be ecstatic if all the wrinkles have been smoothed out before we board.

Edited by Project_gal

I do agree but, as the first cruise on each ship are "old" season cruises, they already believe that they are doing that. Having booked the last cruise of the season on Millennium [on the day the cruise was released for sale] we have always considered ourselves to be fortunate to be getting the new suite restaurant and perks for "free". We will be ecstatic if all the wrinkles have been smoothed out before we board.

I know you think that is a big deciding factor, but we looked closely at opening prices on a number of "standard" cruises, and not the "one offs" like TransPac and less common itineraries, and while some pricing increased, not all pricing dramatically did so with the inclusion of the perks.

If they though there were using these "last season" cruises as test cruises, they should have listed the launch dates as the start of the new season cruises, and not included these, but simply launched them early, without announcement. THAT is is soft opening. Once you set and advertise a date, it is not longer soft, it's an expectation to be open, and ready.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I know you think that is a big deciding factor, but we looked closely at opening prices on a number of "standard" cruises, and not the "one offs" like TransPac and less common itineraries, and while some pricing increased, not all pricing dramatically did so with the inclusion of the perks.

If they though there were using these "last season" cruises as test cruises, they should have listed the launch dates as the start of the new season cruises, and not included these, but simply launched them early, without announcement. THAT is is soft opening. Once you set and advertise a date, it is not longer soft, it's an expectation to be open, and ready.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We are talking about Celebrity here! It is usually like to talking to my elderly mother - half the conversation is in her head before she starts to include me and I am expected to know how the conversation started:confused: I set my expectations accordingly.

Edited by Project_gal

We are talking about Celebrity here! It is usually like to talking to my elderly mother - half the conversation is in her head before she starts to include me and I am expected to know how the conversation started:confused:

LOL, ok, you win, point taken (though sadly).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna

Let's hope we both find out that I am wrong. It just, with Celebrity at times like these, I find that it is better to set your expectations low.

We had been booked for about a year on Infinity's post-dry-dock cruise in 2011 when the upgrade to the ship was announced. [We would never have booked it had we known.] Even our low expectations were not met and much could have been so much better if Celebrity had just used a tiny little bit of common sense.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I have a variety of cruises booked out as far as Feb/Mar 2017 some in RS and some S1 and there is no appreciable increase in the pricing on the S1 rooms which are less than what they cost when 2015 was released.

The RS we booked for September 2015 has increased in price since the release price (probably by up to £2,000 the last time I looked but suites tend to do that anyway.

From what I read, they may use the seating in Luminae early, but that doesn't mean they would be serving the menu and have the kitchen ready. Only time will tell.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Based on the above and other comments, here, I hope that Luminae is not open for our sailing. We do not want to be guinea pigs for the new opening. We'd rather eat in Blu or the Specialty restaurants (as long as this option is still available.)

Based on the above and other comments, here, I hope that Luminae is not open for our sailing. We do not want to be guinea pigs for the new opening. We'd rather eat in Blu or the Specialty restaurants (as long as this option is still available.)

But those options will still be available to you so, if you do not wish to use Luminae, you would not have to. As it may reduce the load on other dining venues, it should be to your advantage to have the new restaurant open for your cruise.

it should be to your advantage to have the new restaurant open for your cruise.

Not if the menu is the same as the MDR, and the quirks are still being worked out in Luminae. :rolleyes:

But those options will still be available to you so, if you do not wish to use Luminae, you would not have to.

I meant the free specialty dining that has been offered to those in Suites instead of eating in the MDR, while the work is going on. ;)

We are talking about Celebrity here! It is usually like to talking to my elderly mother - half the conversation is in her head before she starts to include me and I am expected to know how the conversation started:confused: I set my expectations accordingly.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sue & Jenna -

I was rolling on the floor in laughter after reading all this. It would be a pleasure to cruise with both of you someday! :)

Walter

Sue & Jenna -

I was rolling on the floor in laughter after reading all this. It would be a pleasure to cruise with both of you someday! :)

Walter

Anytime Walter, I'd love to sail with you :) I've sailed with Sue, but sadly, I don't know if we met her.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Anytime Walter, I'd love to sail with you :) I've sailed with Sue, but sadly, I don't know if we met her.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna

I am fairly certain that we did not meet but only realised that after our return. Such a shame. I think we would have got on like a house on fire!

Walter

Hopefully, if we are ever on the same ship, we must make sure that we meet.