4K question

kteachcruiser52

We will be in a 4K room (4122) on the Pride. I know that 4K rooms are French door rooms and the French doors open and there is a railing in the middle. Someone also used the term window. Is there some type of glass/plexiglass above or below the railing or is it entirely open above and below the railing? Thanks

Edited by kteachcruiser52

The only glass is in the sliding door. As noted, there is a railing, and ironwork below the railing, which is right up against the outside of the door. No balcony that you can walk out onto. You do, however, get fresh air, sunshine, and the sound of the sea. In my opinion, the 4K cabins are the best bargains on the ship. ;)

"SKY"

The doors are not sliding. The door opens inward and you can look out on the metal gridwork men walk on when working out there. If you get one between life boats you can see the water. There are men working out there sometimes, so close the drapes!

Had one on Legend and in Roatan watched a lightening storm as we pulled in. Spectacular!

The doors are not sliding. The door opens inward and you can look out on the metal gridwork men walk on when working out there.Spectacular!

You're absolutely correct. Just a "brain fart" on my part. Thanks for the correction. :rolleyes:

"SKY"

We are booked in that room on the Pride for October. I beleive it is between the life boats. So you should see some water...lol

If you remember, could you post a picture of the view looking out from that room when you get back? In January, we will be in that room for 21 days on a B2B cruise. Light and fresh air for $2.50 more pp per day seemed like a good deal to us. The balcony rooms for 2 cruises were so much higher priced, we decided to try this.

We will be in a 4K room (4122) on the Pride. I know that 4K rooms are French door rooms and the French doors open and there is a railing in the middle. Someone also used the term window.

Some of the 4Ks do not have a French door and have a large window (that doesn't open) instead. Usually the 4200 to 4206 numbers where the 4K is sideways or an odd shape. Check you deck plans before you book.

We will be in a 4K room (4122) on the Pride. I know that 4K rooms are French door rooms and the French doors open and there is a railing in the middle. Someone also used the term window. Is there some type of glass/plexiglass above or below the railing or is it entirely open above and below the railing? Thanks

I scanned through the replies, and excuse me if I missed it, but I didn't see where anybody actually answered your question.

Yes, there is plexiglass below the rail, and it is open above. I had cabin 4123 on the Legend and I would often poke my head out.

If you remember, could you post a picture of the view looking out from that room when you get back? In January, we will be in that room for 21 days on a B2B cruise. Light and fresh air for $2.50 more pp per day seemed like a good deal to us. The balcony rooms for 2 cruises were so much higher priced, we decided to try this.

Will do….