Haven

MsJ

Hello, Due to massive snow amounts our first try at "snow birding" in Florida in our travel trailer was not to be. Yesterday I booked the Breakaway for March 1. As a newly retired teacher we always cruised Presidents weeks as that is when MA has February vacation.Now I can cruise at other times at cheaper rates.

We have sailed to the Bahamas 3 times on NCL. The NCL Sea in 2002, the Jewel the last year it was in NYC and last year the Breakaway.

We are booked in a Haven Spa Suite. Our first time ever in a suite out of 18 cruises. And of course our first time in the Haven. I have been reading here like crazy to get as much info as I can about the Haven. I cannot find much though about the Haven Restaurant.

We are getting all the packages free and will be able to dine in specialty restaurants. Can anyone tell me any info about the Haven restaurant as to quality of food, is it better than specialty restaurants or main dining room? In looking at the picture on the website the decor immediately reminded me of the spa restaurant on Celebrity called Blu. We have eaten in Blu twice on the Eclipse and the Silhouette.

This long winded post is basically to ask if anyone here has eaten in Blu on Celebrity and how does it compare to Haven restaurant.

Thanks for any info.

Congrats on the suite! Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the Haven Spa suites are not actually *IN" the Haven area but on deck 8 (iirc) close to the spa. You do have access to the Haven area/restaurant etc, just know that it isn't quite as convenient as being in the actual Haven.

Can't answer your other questions as I've never sailed in one myself, but I hope you enjoy your getaway!

Congrats on the suite! Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the Haven Spa suites are not actually *IN" the Haven area but on deck 8 (iirc) close to the spa. You do have access to the Haven area/restaurant etc, just know that it isn't quite as convenient as being in the actual Haven.

On Breakaway class ships the Spa is on decks 14 and 15, Haven is on (15 and) 16. It's quite easy to go to Haven from Spa suites (on deck 14), we had one on Getaway and weren't bothered by the distance at all.

Edited by Demonyte

Lucky is the heaven guest. The food is wonderful and different from the rest of the ship. Ex: you can have a fillet with eggs for breakfast and huge shrimp ( more than one) if you wand for lunch or dinner. Never had a bad meal. In addition, the service is unbeatable. Be sure to ask for the specials at dinner. The haven is the only place where you can get real lobster tails. Not sure what night. The haven will spoil you for anything else. Also, when you are sitting by the haven pool the have a special lunch menu.

Lucky is the heaven guest. The food is wonderful and different from the rest of the ship. Ex: you can have a fillet with eggs for breakfast and huge shrimp ( more than one) if you want for lunch or dinner. Never had a bad meal. In addition, the service is unbeatable. Be sure to ask for the specials at dinner. The haven is the only place where you can get real lobster tails. Not sure what night. The haven will spoil you for anything else. Also, when you are sitting by the haven pool the have a special lunch menu.

Thank you all for such quick answers. We are on Deck 14 in Cabin 14728. Its the cabin with the spa tub. We don't really eat at specialty restaurants on cruises. It will be so much fun having so many choices of places to eat. We actually did Le Bistro in 2002 on the NCL sea. The only other one we did was the steak house on Princess many years ago. I looked at all the different categories that were left available and am now glad I went for the Haven spa suite. It was the only one left!

Hello, Due to massive snow amounts our first try at "snow birding" in Florida in our travel trailer was not to be. Yesterday I booked the Breakaway for March 1. As a newly retired teacher we always cruised Presidents weeks as that is when MA has February vacation.Now I can cruise at other times at cheaper rates.

We have sailed to the Bahamas 3 times on NCL. The NCL Sea in 2002, the Jewel the last year it was in NYC and last year the Breakaway.

We are booked in a Haven Spa Suite. Our first time ever in a suite out of 18 cruises. And of course our first time in the Haven. I have been reading here like crazy to get as much info as I can about the Haven. I cannot find much though about the Haven Restaurant.

We are getting all the packages free and will be able to dine in specialty restaurants. Can anyone tell me any info about the Haven restaurant as to quality of food, is it better than specialty restaurants or main dining room? In looking at the picture on the website the decor immediately reminded me of the spa restaurant on Celebrity called Blu. We have eaten in Blu twice on the Eclipse and the Silhouette.

This long winded post is basically to ask if anyone here has eaten in Blu on Celebrity and how does it compare to Haven restaurant.

Thanks for any info.

We cruise a lot on Celebrity, and had booked the Summit to Bermuda in a Royal Suite. My TA said to book the Haven on NCL and we would not be disappointed...glad to hear about the dining room!

If you search " Haven menu" you will find it.i can't do it on this device. Trying to put a link below....

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/haven_dinner.pdf

There is a static menu in the restaurant with a special dish that our servers have always told us about. Some folks like to eat every dinner there, we ate 3 times and that was enough. Tuna poke was our favorite app.

Lunch -there is a menu at the pool and a different one in the restaurant.the restaurant food is yummy but pretty heavy if you are going to be running around the slides...we ate most lunches at Ocean Blue ( lobster rolls and calamari!)

Breakfast has very elegant and many heavy dishes as well, or there is a lite buffet with fruits, meats, cheeses , salmon, etc. we tried on breakfast at the cafe and came back to the Haven rest. The coffee is an amazing French press coffee. The pancakes are amazing .

You will also read that you can order anything from anywhere and have it served in the Haven. This did not work on our two trips- July and November. We tried a request from the MDR once and the next cruise from La Cucina- neither time could the request be accommodated. My son jsut ate the mushroom ravioli

The Haven Restaurant is a good alternative some nights. It is also really nice to eat int he Haven area itself for breakfast and lunch. We love sitting by the Haven pool and eating especially when it is cold out.

Enjoy your trip we are Haven Junkies :)

Just got back from the Breakaway on Feb 13th and I can say you are going to love the Haven. My Dh and I had breakfast in the restaurant every morning but two, those two days were early excursions so our butler delivered it to our cabin. Never had a bad meal, love the waffles and the buffet with the fresh chopped mixed fruit. They also had a chef by the pool each morning slicing up fresh fruit. You can have your breakfast by the pool and choose from the full breakfast menu.

Lunch pool menu is smaller then the restaurant menu and is the same for the entire cruise. As is the dinner menu but they do offer specials each night

Also don't be afraid to ask for something, they will go find it for you.

You daytime bartender will be Deepak, he is excellent, as is the entire staff in the Haven. You will not be disappointed. Deepak makes an awesome Bahama mamma and a dirty banana. Tell him Dennise said hello!

Thank you all so much for all the info about the Haven restaurant. I am really looking forward to all the new experiences we will have in the Haven. I truly appreciate all the time you have all taken to share about the Haven.

I sailed the BA in 2013 and the Summit in 2014...almost a year to the day apart! You are right that the decor in Blu and the Haven restaurant is nearly exactly identical! It struck me at time!

Food was excellent in both; I had many more meals in the Haven restaurant than Blu (only one dinner) but both were excellent.

Enjoy!! :)

I sailed the BA in 2013 and the Summit in 2014...almost a year to the day apart! You are right that the decor in Blu and the Haven restaurant is nearly exactly identical! It struck me at time!

Food was excellent in both; I had many more meals in the Haven restaurant than Blu (only one dinner) but both were excellent.

Enjoy!! :)

The Haven restaurant looks beautiful. We loved Blu. We booked the spa cabin on the Eclipse and the Silhouette just so we could dine there.