Anthem Godmother contest

Lloyd555

It's like the Freedom class all over again, can anyone name one of their godmothers? Probably not because they were all random people and travel agents, nobody famous or special. At least this matches there new slogan, "Royal, what made we were?". Nothing's special to them any more. I swear NCL has more appreciation of their product than anyone now a days. They had a huge celebration sailing for Getaway's birthday while Royal did nothing for Quantum's inaugural, even her christening was simplistic compared to most. Cunard just put on a huge firework display in Long Beach because the Queen Elizabeth met the Queen Mary for the first time. The Queen Victoria also had her own fireworks display in Southampton to welcome her back from a refit and to wish her bon voyage on the start of her world cruise. Even Princess put on a firework display for there new ship after she was christened even though she had already been sailing for 6 months. Royal couldn't even send an intern to Bayonne to welcome Quantum to the US. Really sad how little they seem to care about their product compared to the people that sail on them. Not sure why we expected more though, the execs don't even show up for the steel cutting or keel laying ceremonies anymore.

Edited by DEIx15x8

It's like the Freedom class all over again, can anyone name one of their godmothers? Probably not because they were all random people and travel agents, nobody famous or special. At least this matches there new slogan, "Royal, what made we were?". Nothing's special to them any more. I swear NCL has more appreciation of their product than anyone now a days. They had a huge celebration sailing for Getaway's birthday while Royal did nothing for Quantum's inaugural, even her christening was simplistic compared to most. Cunard just put on a huge firework display in Long Beach because the Queen Elizabeth met the Queen Mary for the first time. The Queen Victoria also had her own fireworks display in Southampton to welcome her back from a refit and to wish her bon voyage on the start of her world cruise. Even Princess put on a firework display for there new ship after she was christened even though she had already been sailing for 6 months. Royal couldn't even send an intern to Bayonne to welcome Quantum to the US. Really sad how little they seem to care about their product compared to the people that sail on them. Not sure why we expected more though, the execs don't even show up for the steel cutting or keel laying ceremonies anymore.

I've been complaining about Royal's new too-cool-for-school attitude for nearly a year now. They do what they want, when they want, and don't particularly care what anyone thinks about it. The roll out of the Quantum was so thoroughly botched from beginning (refusing to divulge any information for an unreasonable amount of time) to end (when the ship debuted not ready for prime time). I think it's hilarious that that roll out earned Lisa Lutoff-Perlo a promotion. Sure, it's their prerogative to act in such a manner as a private for profit corporation... But I really do not know who they think they are impressing.

Ive seen more and more RCI posters drifting over to the NCL board of late. I booked 2 RCI cruises this year, and both booking experiences were frankly miserable due to a myriad of IT issues and outright lies about cabin accommodations. On the contrary, I've had no such issues with my 2 NCL reservations -- the one I sailed last November or my Escape reservation for next year. I plan to book Oasis III, but I'm nervous about how much of an ordeal it will be, to be frank. The on board experience on my RCI cruisers this year better be a significant improvement over the booking experience.

Edited by Dave85