Early walk off time Seattle to Seatac

I will be returning from an Alaska Crown Princess cruise on Sat. June 6 , 2015. I am used to very early walk offs in Fort Lauderdale and a quick taxi ride to the airport. I know on the itinerary it lists a 7 am arrival. For those of you who have experienced this return from Alaska , I was wondering if you found that is when the ship arrives or is that when first walk offs leave. In FLL when they say report to the early departure lounge at 7 am, sometimes we start leaving at 7 ,7:30, and even 6:45 am. I am just not familiar if it is usually an on time departure or is it a delayed time. I am trying to decide what time I should ask for pick up. If it is called for 7 am , is it reasonable to ask for a 7:30 am departure ?

Thanks.

Sali

I would be asking this on the Princess board, as it is a Princess policy issue, which is typically the same fleetwide.

The only hang up here is any port issues. But once a ship is cleared, the disembarkation policy is followed. It is not a specified time so much, as the ship can never be absolutely sure when they will arrive, or when they will be cleared. You should, if need early disembarkation, simply request the earliest you are eligible for.

Most transport companies will stage in the area, and be available by cell phone. Do you have a flight schedule issue that you need a specific early time? If so, I would just plan according to that flight. That is, if you have a noon flight, you need to be off by 8:30 or 9am.

By the way, Seattle is covered extensively on the West Coast Departures board.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I would be asking this on the Princess board, as it is a Princess policy issue, which is typically the same fleetwide.

The only hang up here is any port issues. But once a ship is cleared, the disembarkation policy is followed. It is not a specified time so much, as the ship can never be absolutely sure when they will arrive, or when they will be cleared. You should, if need early disembarkation, simply request the earliest you are eligible for.

Most transport companies will stage in the area, and be available by cell phone. Do you have a flight schedule issue that you need a specific early time? If so, I would just plan according to that flight. That is, if you have a noon flight, you need to be off by 8:30 or 9am.

By the way, Seattle is covered extensively on the West Coast Departures board.

A few times when I have posted on the Princess board, they have moved my post telling me to check the area I am going to. Once I asked about Alaska and they quickly wrote moved to the Alaska board. Another time I had a food question and they moved that to the" foodie "board. So that is why I asked at the Pacific Northwest ports board.

Sali

• 4 weeks later...

Orangefan, we have disembarked many times in Seattle at Pier 91. Figure on walking off the ship sometime around 7:20am and 8am. They'll open up the flood gates as soon as they clear customs and do all the other BS they have to do, it'll be fast and furious. They'll be cabs waiting to take passengers to Sea-Tac.

Edited by Eaglecw

• 4 weeks later...
Orangefan, we have disembarked many times in Seattle at Pier 91. Figure on walking off the ship sometime around 7:20am and 8am. They'll open up the flood gates as soon as they clear customs and do all the other BS they have to do, it'll be fast and furious. They'll be cabs waiting to take passengers to Sea-Tac.

I have heard that the traffic aaround Seattle can be very congested. Is there typically heavy traffic on the ride from Pier 91 to Sea Tac at 7:30?

• 2 weeks later...