48 Day 2016 Emerald Southampton to SYD

ccrain

The Dubai overnight is interesting. I haven't been to Dubai except for transit. I wonder what excurisions they offer. Now I know there is good gold souks to visa if you like that sort of thing.

We had an overnight in Dubai on World Cruise (possibly 2 due to engine issues and skipping Abu Dhabi). But the night time desert safari with Princess was one of the many highlights of that cruise :) I would do it again.

Is there any speculation where the Emerald Princess will go to after her Australian deployment?

Since she is a larger capacity ship, I would speculate that she would specifically to Australian customers. Not sure what the typical Australian vacation time frame is, but simply comparing to the US model lends itself to 7 to 10 day cruises. Unless they move the Diamond away from Australia, then she would most likely take over the 12 day NZ routes.

What I am more curious about is where she goes after the AUS season. Will she stay in AUS or repo back to Europe or cater to the Asia market or repo back to the US?

We had an overnight in Dubai on World Cruise (possibly 2 due to engine issues and skipping Abu Dhabi). But the night time desert safari with Princess was one of the many highlights of that cruise :) I would do it again.

That's good to know. I was wondering what to do on an overnight and a night time safari sound pretty cool!

It's more of a 4 wheel drive safari over sand dunes just before sunset and it stops for photos at sunset. Then you are taken to a camp for food , henna tattoos , a belly dancer and other stuff. Great fun. I think a few companies might do it but with Princess it was just them at a special camp. Also had camel rides :). It went for a few hours and then we were returned to the ship

• 4 weeks later...

Robert and I were on the 48 day cruise on the Ocean Princess and this itinerary is similar but different, revisiting some of the ports we loved and also getting to visit some very interesting new ones...We love the idea of this cruise on the Emerald so much that we could not resist and booked it today...now I go through delicious agony waiting and planning and researching...I think the only negative is surviving the anxiety of the long wait and having to apply for the Indian visa again.

Having visited Melbourne before and Sydney several times we chose the 41 day and will spend a few days after the cruise in Perth.

Sissy

Edited by SissyG

Robert and I were on the 48 day cruise on the Ocean Princess and this itinerary is similar but different, revisiting some of the ports we loved and also getting to visit some very interesting new ones...We love the idea of this cruise on the Emerald so much that we could not resist and booked it today...now I go through delicious agony waiting and planning and researching...I think the only negative is surviving the anxiety of the long wait and having to apply for the Indian visa again.

Having visited Melbourne before and Sydney several times we chose the 41 day and will spend a few days after the cruise in Perth.

Sissy

We booked too. Lots of cabins reserved but we got one of the ones on the list.

Wish there was one or two more ports in India...would have splurged on the overland...but the four ports in Australia will go a long ways into making up for the around Australia cruise we're supposed to be on right now...

On the 2013 Ocean cruise we had 2 ports in India, Mumbai and Cochin, just happened that I was not feeling well on our Cochin port day and stayed behind while Robert went on a tour....so now I will get to see what was missed...Also in Jordan we were all set to go to Petra with Ramses and as we were getting ready to leave our cabin to meet up with our group it was announced that Petra was closed for the day...I was devastated at the time, I looked forward to that day for almost a year, quickly we scrambled and booked a desert safari day...there was a lot of controversy centered around that announcement...several people went anyway and found it was open, Ramses notified me that they had been told it was closed too...so another chance for us to see Petra on this cruise.

We really enjoyed meeting Paul and Jeannie on the Ocean Princess cruise and shared several tours and dinners with them....would love to see you on the Emerald....

Sissy

Edited by SissyG