Newbee question about OCEAN VIEW

dptt

Instead of Ocean View and Interior, there are Deluxe Balcony, Balcony and Interior.

Balcony has a small balcony, Deluxe the size we are used to.

Haven't done any research to see if the Balcony staterooms prices are similar to what Ocean View were.

Does the REGAL PRINCESS have an OCEAN VIEW CATG? I see quotes for inside and balcony, but no Ocean View? Thank You

Regal/Royal have NO "Ocean view" cabins. Your choices are standard balcony room; DELUXE balcony (with a love seat); minisuite (with a sofa); suites

Mid ship cabins offer larger balconies (the curved areas under the Seaview Bar or Seawalk).

Did anyone say no OV?

Really not sure why they did that. :(

Well, the deck where they normally have unobstructed oceanviews on their other ships (Plaza) is all public spaces and Emerald deck has the obstructed balconies...

The mandate must have been that all outside cabins must have a balcony.

It means there is a big difference in price between the inside cabins and the others. For those who can't stay in an inside cabin there is no choice for a cheaper cabin. I can see Princess wants to get more revenue but are the Royal and Regal always full? I know they have some last minute sales after final payment on some sailings.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Instead of Ocean View and Interior, there are Deluxe Balcony, Balcony and Interior.

Haven't done any research to see if the Balcony staterooms prices are similar to what Ocean View were.

The obstructed balcony cabins come close.

The Deluxe Balcony cabins don't have larger balconies than the Balcony cabins. The same is true for Mini-Suite balconies. The standard balcony size for all three is 4' x 9'. The difference is that the Deluxe Balconies are about a foot longer and have a love seat rather than a chair. There are some Balcony, Deluxe Balcony and Mini-Suite cabins all the way forward, in the center "bump out" and true aft that have larger balconies. There are Obstructed View Balconies where there used to be Ocean View on Emerald deck. These are priced less than other balcony cabins but more than Ocean Views.

we appreciate everyone who started this and participated. you are so right. all the balc on royal are 41 sq ft. the sapphire has 80 and 48. we booked the royal but now are having second thoughts. why build a ship with no outside - just balc or better and then downsize the balc?? pay more and get less?? thanks again for your insights.:)

why build a ship with no outside - just balc or better...

Simple - people are willing to pay more for a balcony. I'm sure Princess ran the numbers and they showed it would net more money. Only time will tell if the smaller balconies bother enough people that they don't sell as well as Princess expects.

My prediction - most people won't notice. And those that do will forget by the next time they go to book a cruise. Color me cynical.