How much OBC have you been given?

suebubbles

Why have you lost a lot with a FCD, skit? You have a good year in which to book your cruise and you get at least that value back as OBC as well as any other OBC available when you book. You can book Select and Early Saver, just not the (late) saver, so you can bide your time for a while. You don't have to book really really early.

Hi Scriv

I booked at the last possible moment because the FCD was put down Oct '13 and I used it Oct '14 for a cruise Mar '16. It was always our intention to hopefully book this particular cruise but based on what I am seeing now I have quite possibly lost out. When I put the FCD down the Vantage Fare was in, so felt we had very little to lose. Quite a bit has changed since Oct '13 and based on the offers now it would have been better for us to book later and possibly gained more

I am not bitter and have no problem with what I paid just decided that FCD was not the best thing we did. The only thing I was a bit miffed with, I didn't qualify for the early booking discount, even though it was 17 months in advance.

Yes the unusual cruises are the ones to book early. We are planning the US/Canada one in 2016 and will be booking on launch. We are also going to do a late saver in the spring of that year. I will choose 3 possibles either on P&O or Fred and take one of those. Only difference is on Fred you can choose dining and pay a supplement to get your choice.

Our cruise on Adonia this year we booked on launch. It is sold out in every cabin except balcony.

We received no OBC when we booked last April for Britannia this April, the current offer for our grade would have saved us £46pp, taking account of the current price and £120 pp select OBC. BUT we need an accessible cabin so we have no option but to book early, however the premium for early booking this year is much less than normal, so for us the pricing model does seem to have improved.

Edited by terrierjohn

Hi Scriv

I booked at the last possible moment because the FCD was put down Oct '13 and I used it Oct '14 for a cruise Mar '16. It was always our intention to hopefully book this particular cruise but based on what I am seeing now I have quite possibly lost out. When I put the FCD down the Vantage Fare was in, so felt we had very little to lose. Quite a bit has changed since Oct '13 and based on the offers now it would have been better for us to book later and possibly gained more

I am not bitter and have no problem with what I paid just decided that FCD was not the best thing we did. The only thing I was a bit miffed with, I didn't qualify for the early booking discount, even though it was 17 months in advance.

Oh dear, yes, I agree that is bad luck. I could have just seen us doing that. What a shame especially as you didn't qualify for the early booking discount even though so early.

It really is hard to know when to book these days. We want a June 2016 cruise, not yet out, and have a FCD which must be used by this June, so will have to use it or lose it then - but I am really not sure when would be the best time.