NCL Epic

moderntammy

So, from all the posts on this thread and my roll call thread, it looks like bookings from 10/11 are being rescheduled to either 9/25 sailings or 10/18 sailings and some from the 10/18 sailing are being rebooked on the 10/25 sailing. So far, our res for 10/18 is still unchanged. I wish NCL would just post a statement with what's going on. :(

So, from all the posts on this thread and my roll call thread, it looks like bookings from 10/11 are being rescheduled to either 9/25 sailings or 10/18 sailings and some from the 10/18 sailing are being rebooked on the 10/25 sailing. So far, our res for 10/18 is still unchanged. I wish NCL would just post a statement with what's going on. :(

I wish they would too. This is ridiculous!!!!! Before they touched anybody's reservation they should have had people standing by to answer our questions. Very poor decision on NCL's part.

I wish they would too. This is ridiculous!!!!! Before they touched anybody's reservation they should have had people standing by to answer our questions. Very poor decision on NCL's part.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think before NCL touched anyone's reservation they should have contacted each customer, explained situation and given the consumer options. This is terrible customer service on their part. IMO.

The saga continues!!! First off NCL gave me the wrong number to call on Saturday. When I did get the right number to call this morning the recording stated they opened at 8:30 AM Eastern standard time. It was 8:45 AM and nobody was answering the phone. After I finally got through to speak to somebody turns out that the epic will sail on October 18 only it is sailing from South Hampton and not from Barcelona. When I asked if the price was going to be the same no one could answer me. So basically there are still 10 people who do not know if they are going to cruise in October or not. Six of the people have award ticket airfare and we all know how easy those are to rebook, not. I would just like some answers. Ncl needs to get their stuff together.

My travel agent's website shows the "Epic" doing two 7-day-cruises: the first one is leaving Southampton on Oct. 11th, next stops are Vigo (Spain), Lisbon, Malaga, Cartagena and finally Barcelona. Then there's a 7-day loop starting on the 18th.: Naples, Civitavecchia, Livorno, Cannes, Palma de Majorca and finally back to Barcelona on the 25th. The following cruise repeats that loop around the Western Med.

So the cruise is still listed but out of Southampton.

I talked to the special team at NCL today. After a few frustrating moments where it seemed I knew more than the CSR, we got things clarified. (The CSR got an email with the updated itinerary information while I was on the phone with her.) NCL is offering OBC and some compensation for airfare-related expenses. To be fair to them, I won't mention specifics. But, they did start low and then offer more when I asked for it.

Norwegian did also confirm that the October 18 sailing is the Iberian Peninsula itinerary from Southampton to Barcelona. The CSR offered to send an email with the updated information, but I haven't received it yet. The OBC is visible on my NCL account, but the reservation is still showing the old itinerary. I think NCL's IT department is still working things out and that I will get the updated itinerary once it is loaded into the system.

I'm waiting until I have the paper itinerary in hand before I modify my flight. Then I will call NCL to get the compensation wheel rolling.

In the past, those with flights and hotels booked when NCL cancelled cruises we're screwed. Just some OBC was offered, and apparently there is some wording in the cruise contract that covers them. Try doing a search on chartered cruises (pearl maybe?). It's not just NCL.

In the past, those with flights and hotels booked when NCL cancelled cruises we're screwed. Just some OBC was offered, and apparently there is some wording in the cruise contract that covers them. Try doing a search on chartered cruises (pearl maybe?). It's not just NCL.

I'm not looking for any refund on my airfare from Ncl. I am looking for answers so I know what my options are. I want to know if the epic is sailing from South Hampton on October 18, I want to know how much that cruise will cost, I want to know if I have to book with another cruise line depending upon the answers that NCL. I am not looking for any type of compensation at all, just answers. But thank you for your suggestion

Edited by moderntammy

From what I was told your price is protected for the category you originally booked in. I was also able to get confirmation after my agent repeatedly called and finally got with a rep who had more information that we will be sailing the Iberian Peninsula (hopefully will see that reflected on NCL soon). Problem is cabin selection. At first they moved me from my deck 12 B6 to deck 10 all the way forward (and I mean all the way) and I let them know that did not work for me. Thankfully I am back on deck 12 now but not as nice as my original location. I think things will open up once people cancel but we have to wait to see.

So if you are ok with the different itinerary they should be putting you in the same category you had for the same fare you already agreed on. At least that is how it was explained to me.

I feel for everyone here..it is not easy trying to change vacation plans, dates, reservations or itineraries.

Best of luck to everyone.

Hi- I have just made a booking on the Epic for the 25 October on the Western Med itinerary. The UK website was offering the 18 October as Western Med too- I booked directly with NCL but I hope they don't mess the schedule up again- I was about to book my flights until I read this but I might wait a day or so.

Once you call NCL and you are speaking to a PCC, you need to emphasize that your cruise has been cancelled and that you need to be transferred to the "special team." An email went out on the 20th to NCL staff about the cancellations. That email will tell the PCC to transfer you. Another email went out to NCL staff this morning with updated itineraries.

I am surprised they would allow new bookings on the 25th sailing at this point as there are so many displaced cruisers from the original 18th sailing that have yet to be informed and/or had time to consider options. They should close new bookings on that until they get the notifications out and give people time to readjust vacations.

[quote name='Cruiser Bruiser']I talked to the special team at NCL today. After a few frustrating moments where it seemed I knew more than the CSR, we got things clarified. (The CSR got an email with the updated itinerary information while I was on the phone with her.) NCL is offering OBC and some compensation for airfare-related expenses. To be fair to them, I won't mention specifics. But, they did start low and then offer more when I asked for it.

Norwegian did also confirm that the October 18 sailing is the Iberian Peninsula itinerary from Southampton to Barcelona. The CSR offered to send an email with the updated information, but I haven't received it yet. The OBC is visible on my NCL account, but the reservation is still showing the old itinerary. I think NCL's IT department is still working things out and that I will get the updated itinerary once it is loaded into the system.

I'm waiting until I have the paper itinerary in hand before I modify my flight. Then I will call NCL to get the compensation wheel rolling.[/QUOTE]
In the same situation as others with the Oct 11th sailing. Can you post an update when you get your itinerary, I am still being told that the Oct 18 cruise is a Western Med out of Barcelona, not Iberian Peninsula. Due to contact specials team at 1600 on Tuesday. Thanks

I wish NCL would keep in touch with their loyal customers. The first I heard of any problems with the 11th Oct Epic sailing is through CC. I'm still waiting to hear from NCL despite emailing my PCC on Sunday (no reply yet) and then the London base yesterday (no reply yet). Customer service sucks. Haven't been able to phone them yet as the London office closes at 6pm.

We will be goosed with the cancellation of this trip - non-refundable flight tickets to Southampton from Aberdeen and a non-refundable 2 night stay in a Southampton hotel AND we are tied to those dates as all 3 family members work/have school and you know how had it is to get holidays at the same time.Our holiday summary online is still showing the 11th Oct sailing. So although this would have been our 4 consecutive NCL holiday they haven't the decency to contact us yet...have already researched other cruise lines that are leaving Southampton around that date...could be RCCL, P&O or Celebrity.

:mad:

Bumping this for any updates. My itin is now showing 10-18 (from 10-11 Iberian) and is now blank as opposed to the western med it was showing. Anyone have ideas on compensation, I was offered small credit which does not come near the cost of rebooking flier miles, trip insurance date change and overall nightmare by which ncl has handled (or not handled) this. The specials team states compensation done by yet another department. Still have not gotten a notice/email yet about the cruise change in the first place. Thanks

[quote name='mikerbiker']Bumping this for any updates. My itin is now showing 10-18 (from 10-11 Iberian) and is now blank as opposed to the western med it was showing. Anyone have ideas on compensation, I was offered small credit which does not come near the cost of rebooking flier miles, trip insurance date change and overall nightmare by which ncl has handled (or not handled) this. The specials team states compensation done by yet another department. Still have not gotten a notice/email yet about the cruise change in the first place. Thanks[/QUOTE]

As of yesterday I was told that the October 18 sailing would be out of South Hampton doing the Iberian Peninsula and ending up in Barcelona on the 25th. The epic will not sail on October 11. Yesterday they still did not have prices for the October 18 sailing. As compensation I was offered $50 onboard credit and $150 for any flight changes. Since we were going with a group of 10 and there was no other week we could sail this year and we do not want to do the Iberian Peninsula we have put our plans on hold until October of 2016. Very disappointing but that's life. My problem is not with what happened it is with how NCL has handled the entire situation from the start. Their lack of information, their ho hum attitude and their general disinterest in helping their passengers get their vacations back on track. Very disappointed in NCL.

[quote name='UlsterYoungGuy']Does anyone know what is being changed/refurbished during the Epic's dry dock by the way?[/QUOTE]

Legends in Concert is being replaced by Burn The Floor (saw this show on the Getaway last month and thought it was fantastic). Blue Man Group is being replaced with "Priscilla Queen of the desert" (haven't seen but looks fun), the Fat Cats club is being transformed into the famous club that the Beatles started out in with a Beatles band headlining (saw a Beatles band on the Epic out of Barcelona in 2011 and they were great so hoping might be the same group). Those are the things I remember anyway. I am excited about all of the changes.

Yes I saw that beetles band on adventure of the seas and epic last year and they are fantastic. Turning it into the cavern is a neat touch though hopefully it won't be as warm, sweaty and smelly as the real cavern lol. The changes sound good- are they putting in a sugarcane mojito bar do you know? I think the epic would really benefit from making the teenagers lounge into a bar as ithas nice windows and it's a shame that no undercover bar on the ship has a view