Overnight Before Departure on Breakaway

Squirty27

Has anyone ever stayed in Paramus, NJ? Looking for a reasonable place to stay the night before departure.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Would like to stay an hour or less away. Coming from Ithaca, NY.

Thank you.

I would never consider staying in Paramus. :)

Do you know about cheap Megabus tickets from Binghamton? When I've gone on some cruises, it was no issue coming in the same day, 6am bus. They use nice Shortline buses and Port Authority.

We stayed in Goshen last year. It was very nice but thought we might like to be a little closet this time.

There are 7 of us. Hubby and I are renting a 12 passenger van and driving down to pick up family in Ithaca, the day prior to departure.

Has anyone ever stayed in Paramus, NJ? Looking for a reasonable place to stay the night before departure.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Would like to stay an hour or less away. Coming from Ithaca, NY.

Thank you.

I would suggest that you search for hotels in the area. I am from Hackensack, which is next door to Paramus. You could also consider Englewood, Teaneck and Secaucus for hotels. If your cruise leaves on a Saturday, you will be stuck in Paramus Mall traffic(Great Malls!!). If your cruise leaves on a Sunday, you will be in the city in no time from any location that I mentioned. We have family drop us at the pier for our cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!!

I live in Westchester. If you can't find a reasonable place in Manhattan, then I suggest Tarrytown or White Plains and then take the MetroNorth train into NYC. Both train rides are about a half hour to Grand Central.depending on the size of your party, you could also take a limo in from these towns. Trains run about $15 pp, and a limo about $75.

I am from the area (born & raised!). I would seriously consider Jersey City (Newport area) an option. Look into the Westin in Jersey City. The hotel is literally right on the other side of the Hudson river overlooking Manhattan. If you get a room facing the Waterfront, you will be able to see your ship sail into the harbor early in the morning of your departure. Rates are significantly lower than NYC hotels and it is located LITERALLY across the street from the PATH train (ONE STOP) into Manhattan. Hop off the train & catch a short cab to the terminal (Pier 88) I could be wrong, but the hotel might even offer shuttles into Manhattan.

Paramus is much further away.

Thank you.

We sailed on the Gem last year and stayed the night before in Fairfield NJ. It was about a 35 minutes drive to the cruise terminal. I believe the hotel was La Quinta and included a small breakfast buffet. It was around $75 for the night.

I live in the town next to Paramus, NJ and drive into NYC frequently. I would allow about an hour for the drive in, but on a Sunday morning you might be able to make it in 30 minutes as there will probably not be traffic. Be sure to allow extra time for parking, etc. My driving time is just point to point. Most of the motels in Paramus are nice moderate family hotels. There are one or two day rate motels and you want to avoid those. You also might want to consider some of the other towns mentioned as, with the exception of Whippany, they are closer to midtown than Paramus,

Thank you.

Groupon is running a special for Park Central right in Times Square for $109 I've stayed there its great. ask to stay above the 8th floor

There is nothing wrong with Paramus for a Sunday departure I live 10 minutes away. There is also the Marriott Glenpointe in Teaneck NJ 15 minutes from the port or Homewood Suites in Edgewater NJ right on the Hudson River and you can park at NY waterways in Weehawken for the week and take the ferry into the city. There are wonderful options here. Enjoy your cruise

• 2 weeks later...

We've stayed twice in Parsippany, NJ for less than $100. The drive to the pier on a Sunday morning is less than an hour. We parked at the pier for the week , arriving early enough to check our luggage and go for a walk.

I live in a suburb of NYC, and half a century later, I still love it! You've got MOMA, Museum of Art and Natural History, Broadway and the half price TKTS booth, and Little Italy and Chinatown. And did I forget the 912 Memorial, Staten Island Ferry, Radio City, and the Empire State Building?