O'Sheehan's Bar and Grill on the Dawn Questions

LaCal

Hi were going to be on the Dawn on March 22nd outta NOLA

Heard good things about O'Sheehan's but haven't tried it

Anyone have reviews of what's good or bad there??

Anymenus anywhere??

Thx :D

Edited by LaCal

Eh, it's not my favorite, but I'm also not a fan of on the bone wings, which is their specialty and lots of folks like them. It's basic pub fair, chicken fingers, burger, wings. It's open 24/7 so it's good for take out when you want something more than the room service menu. I've grabbed chicken fingers and fries for a late night snack before, and I bet if I ever asked, I could get some buffalo sauce on the side to see what all the fuss is about! I'll have to remember that when I'm on the Dawn later this year!

I quite like Blue Lagoon (not been on the Dawn, but they are all quite similar). The food menu is fairly similar to o'Sheehans, but does miss a few things like the Pot Pie, which I like a lot.

What Blue Lagoon really misses compared to o'Sheehans is that it isn't a pub. It's somewhere you go for some food and then move on. O'Sheehans is a venue in itself, and I've spent many a happy night there, and a few days as well.

I quite like Blue Lagoon (not been on the Dawn, but they are all quite similar). The food menu is fairly similar to o'Sheehans, but does miss a few things like the Pot Pie, which I like a lot.

What Blue Lagoon really misses compared to o'Sheehans is that it isn't a pub. It's somewhere you go for some food and then move on. O'Sheehans is a venue in itself, and I've spent many a happy night there, and a few days as well.

That's true! There's no atmosphere whatsoever!

IIRC, the Pearly King Pub on the Dawn does have a small menu, as well, and I think the pot pie was on there and quite popular.

The Dawn's Blue Lagoon has a small menu, but I liked the Panini and also the Tomato soup. There is also a good grilled cheese sandwich on the kids menu....and they let me order it:)

Adults can always order from the kids' menu at Blue Lagoon. My husband gets their macaroni and cheese.

On port days, we prefer Blue Lagoon to the Buffet, and the MDR takes too long, with less selections IMHO.

You can get a full breakfast plus juice, coffee or tea in Blue Lagoon if you wish it, and service seems to be pretty fast.

Yes, but since there isn't an O'Sheehan's on the Dawn yet, Pearly Kings is the next best thing, and possibly the same recipe. I don't eat pot pie, so I couldn't compare.

When I was on the Dawn this past March, there was no food available at the Pearly Kings - it was strictly a bar. Not sure if that's a change or not, but I wouldn't count on being able to eat there unless you bring food in from elsewhere or order a pizza.

When I was on the Dawn this past March, there was no food available at the Pearly Kings - it was strictly a bar. Not sure if that's a change or not, but I wouldn't count on being able to eat there unless you bring food in from elsewhere or order a pizza.

That has always been my experience. No food, except for the fruit in the drinks.

I haven't been on the Dawn since Oct, 2011. They definitely had a small menu then, and it was only during certain hours. It's quite possible it's changed, as many things have.

Ok, so I did I little research, and I can't find anything anywhere online that backs up my memory of a small menu in the pub! I would swear it was a one paged card like menu, and I remember people talking about the darn pot pie being wonderful!

Now, I've been on the Breakaway more recently, and I know I'm not confusing the two.

Either I briefly caught a trial run on something, or I'm losing my mind...

When we were on the Dawn in January we ate a lot of our meals at the Blue Lagoon, breakfast was especially nice and peaceful. I noticed some people would come and grab a cup of coffee and a danish in the morning and take it back to their cabin. The majority of the time our service was excellent in the Blue Lagoon, it was so nice to be able to special order an omelet and have it delivered hot.

My dd and I were on the dawn in December. I have always loved the fish and chips there, but the ones I had on dawn were really disgusting. I'm not usually hard to please but the fish inside was actually brown.... I don't know if I just got a bad batch, but they were awful...I did show them to the head waiter.

hi. we will be on Dawn in 0ct 16. our first time on NCL. is o'sheehans a complimentary food venue or pay venue. breakfast sounds good and would suit my dh. thanks

If you are referring to the Blue Lagoon - it is complimentary and open 24 hours. We never saw big crowds there, while it didn't have the variety of the buffet or dining rooms, it was fine for us.

hi. we will be on Dawn in 0ct 16. our first time on NCL. is o'sheehans a complimentary food venue or pay venue. breakfast sounds good and would suit my dh. thanks

According to post no 2, the conversion to o'Sheehans isn't dues until next year so, if that's correct, it will still be Blue Lagoon.

Both are complimentary anyway.