Port of Tampa fog this morning....

manders175

The crazy part is the actual port is crystal clear and has been since about 11 this morning.....

I work in St Pete and it was clear at work today too!

However, it is already foggy here in Palm Harbor (north of Clearwater) and we didn't have any last night at this time. Doesn't look good at all......

Captain said in last update we should be cleared to head to port around 1 AM. The cruise director expects an 8 am departure from the ship following what we should have expected this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain said in last update we should be cleared to head to port around 1 AM. The cruise director expects an 8 am departure from the ship following what we should have expected this morning.

Good luck getting back to port!! Hopefully the fog won't be too bad then. :eek:

Crossing fingers and toes for everyone!

Really feel for everyone both on the ship and those waiting to get on. This is one time though were if you are on the ship that it would be good to Self Disembark! That way you have your luggage and could have at least changed. We always walk off our luggage on anything under 5 days, so we could have put our suits on and laid at the pool if it was warm. But with that kind of fog, doubt there was any sun!!!:p

Thinking of everyone and hope you all have safe travels!!!

How much are they charging you for the extra day? ;)

We aren't being charged. This was actually a charter for the Buckeye Cruise for Cancer.

. They have actually been very accommodating with services that they normally charge for at a premium. All restaurants were available tonight. They have all day allowed free ship to shore phone calls from the stateroom which is normally $7.95/minute. They opened the Wifi up for everyone to try and manage the logistics of making new plans.

We haven't received any further updates since the announcements around 6 pm to plan for a 8 AM disembarkment in the morning like we would have done today.

We aren't being charged. This was actually a charter for the Buckeye Cruise for Cancer.

. They have actually been very accommodating with services that they normally charge for at a premium. All restaurants were available tonight. They have all day allowed free ship to shore phone calls from the stateroom which is normally $7.95/minute. They opened the Wifi up for everyone to try and manage the logistics of making new plans.

We haven't received any further updates since the announcements around 6 pm to plan for a 8 AM disembarkment in the morning like we would have done today.

Has luggage been given back or no because you would have to have it out tonight anyway?

Not to start an off topic on tipping but I wonder what happens to the crew's tips when the cruise is extended by a day.

Our cruise pre-paid all the tips as part of the travel. Many of us, my wife and I included tipped over the included fees. We again tipped tonight our steward host who has been on call all day waiting to turn the ship. You could tell he has been burning the midnight oil. He has to be back up again in the morning early so the least we could do.

This has been a very generous cruise crowd. We all came here for charity and raised over $2mm for cancer research so the least we could do is take care of the great crew who took care of us all and has gone the extra mile with no notice.

Has luggage been given back or no because you would have to have it out tonight anyway?

The ship appeared to accommodate those who needed it back. They didn't return it wholesale, but I heard people calling and getting it back.

My wife and I go carry on for short cruises.

For those that booked their air thru Royal does royal cover the fees for a changing flight?

We booked on our own, but American was being very understanding and rebooked us for no fee. Granted I have executive platinum status with them, but they still had every right to charge me and when explained what was happening they made the changes to a Tuesday afternoon flight.

The hardest part was getting one of the 8 ship to shore lines to make the call.

Edited by T2B2

I wonder what happened with those who had the drink packages

They have continue to honor them. They also continued the special Coors light beer special for the cruise get 8 for the price of 7 with a special souvenir bucket to keep.

The more interesting thing is they returned all the duty free alcohol purchases last night around 7 pm. People all day have been enjoying duty free bottles of what ever they bought. Around noon they opened the shops again so people could re-up so you can still leave with your 1 liter of liquor per customs allowance.

I will say while we bleed Scarlet and Grey, Coach Meyer did give Nick Saban and Bama due credit as the bar that OSU had to rise to for a chance to compete. It was very class act of him to acknowledge those who you have to rise to the level of to become better in your own right.

If there was a "like" or a "love" button, I'd click it now! I hate to admit it (being someone who bleeds crimson and white), but OSU definitely earned the national title this year. When you're at the top like Bama is so many times, eventually the only place to go is down. Congrats again on the championship!

They have continue to honor them. They also continued the special Coors light beer special for the cruise get 8 for the price of 7 with a special souvenir bucket to keep.

The more interesting thing is they returned all the duty free alcohol purchases last night around 7 pm. People all day have been enjoying duty free bottles of what ever they bought. Around noon they opened the shops again so people could re-up so you can still leave with your 1 liter of liquor per customs allowance.

Thanks so much for keeping us all updated on your status!

If there was a "like" or a "love" button, I'd click it now! I hate to admit it (being someone who bleeds crimson and white), but OSU definitely earned the national title this year. When you're at the top like Bama is so many times, eventually the only place to go is down. Congrats again on the championship!

Ditto [emoji106]Like - Mutual respect for the "Roll Tide"