Babysitters at sea

Hello, I will be sailing on the Jewel of the Seas in September on the 7 day California Coastal cruise with my wife and then 2 year old daughter, and have a few questions about the babysitters at sea. Does the Jewel have a nursery for group sitting at night, or is the only option in-room? Does the in-room still include 2 people? I see alot of prices floating around the web, does anyone that has recently used it know how much it is? Are the people babysitting background checked, and CPR certified? Do they give you a way for them to stay in contact with you? Thank you in advance!

Hello, I will be sailing on the Jewel of the Seas in September on the 7 day California Coastal cruise with my wife and then 2 year old daughter, and have a few questions about the babysitters at sea. Does the Jewel have a nursery for group sitting at night, or is the only option in-room? Does the in-room still include 2 people? I see alot of prices floating around the web, does anyone that has recently used it know how much it is? Are the people babysitting background checked, and CPR certified? Do they give you a way for them to stay in contact with you? Thank you in advance!

Hey Cool Cruiser! Thanks for your question. On the Jewel, there is no group sitting. However, we do provide in-room babysitting. It's for $19.00 per hour, and you'll have 2 sitters. They have gone through background checks as well as CPR training, and you'll be able to meet with them to discuss what you'd like for them to do with your daughter during their time with her. Should you need to keep in contact with them while they're with your daughter, Guest Services may be able to provide dect phones. We hope this info helps, and we look forward to seeing you in September!

I used in room babysitting on my Oasis cruise in December. My daughter was 3 1/2 and it was great. My daughter refused to go to the kids club and I got a call within 15 minutes of dropping her off to pick her up. It worked out well except they only watch until midnight. Would like to have had longer but they do not offer anything past 12:00.