Another Laundry Question!

MsFancyFree

I've been told that it all gets washed together (laundry, not dry cleaning.) I wouldn't send out anything in the single bag that's not colorfast and pre-shrunk. People have mentioned that they successfully asked for and received cold water wash.

Hi everyone,

If you use the "fill the bag" laundry service, do they sort lights and darks? Or do I assume that everything I put in the bag will be washed together (and pack accordingly)?

Thanks!

We only placed all our dark washable clothes in the bag. They come back in a nice basket with everything folded so nicely. You can make comments on your slip in regards to your whites. My suggestion if in doubt you could place all whites in one bag which will cost you additional. Last cruise on our 24 day was $29.00 per bag. That was in 2013 on the Nieuw.

Had an experience where we had dry cleaning done and also had it marked on slip. Came back washed and dried! Our evening wear ruined. So from now on we only have undergarments, t shirts things like that done. Also I will wash myself and dry on the balcony.

I've been told that it all gets washed together (laundry, not dry cleaning.) I wouldn't send out anything in the single bag that's not colorfast and pre-shrunk. People have mentioned that they successfully asked for and received cold water wash.

Thanks . . . This is good to know.

We only placed all our dark washable clothes in the bag. They come back in a nice basket with everything folded so nicely. You can make comments on your slip in regards to your whites. My suggestion if in doubt you could place all whites in one bag which will cost you additional. Last cruise on our 24 day was $29.00 per bag. That was in 2013 on the Nieuw.

Had an experience where we had dry cleaning done and also had it marked on slip. Came back washed and dried! Our evening wear ruined. So from now on we only have undergarments, t shirts things like that done. Also I will wash myself and dry on the balcony.

So . . . expensive and chancy . . I think I'll use the launderette! :)

I appreciate the info.

I've never sorted our stuff and if it is washed together the water must be cold as nothing has ever bled. The whites come back "white" and the colored items comes back the same color they left. Maybe we've just been lucky but that is our experience for our last 3 cruises. We ask for items to be hung on hangers and the items they can not hang come back neatly folded in the basket. And, while we don't pay for "ironing" I swear they must press the items they hang up as they come back wrinkle free.

We have never had a problem with using the laundry service on four cruises on three different Vista ships. Just stuffed everything into one bag, lights and darks, and the next day all came back beautifully clean either nicely folded or on hangers as appropriate. It's the best deal on the ship.

I've never sorted our stuff and if it is washed together the water must be cold as nothing has ever bled. The whites come back "white" and the colored items comes back the same color they left. Maybe we've just been lucky but that is our experience for our last 3 cruises. We ask for items to be hung on hangers and the items they can not hang come back neatly folded in the basket. And, while we don't pay for "ironing" I swear they must press the items they hang up as they come back wrinkle free.

Also good to know! It certainly wouldn't kill me to do my own laundry, but it would be so much nicer to put all of my dirty clothes in a bag half way through the cruise and let someone else deal with it.

I agree, my DH never sorts his stuff, he puts colors in with his tidy whites and has never had a problem either.

I agree, my DH never sorts his stuff, he puts colors in with his tidy whites and has never had a problem either.

We've also never had a problem. We prefer to pay the $7.00 per day for unlimited laundry so we can send it in daily. Makes for less packing and we go home with clean clothes. Like "Yodalicious" we find other things to do on vacation that are more fun than doing laundry.:):)

Cheers!

During hundreds of days cruising on HAL, 99.5+% success with the laundry. Love the service. Now, I do only send them things I would do in the washer and dryer at home. What made it a bit less than 100% - a low-level (short) golf sock they lost on my last cruise. We have also used the dry cleaning service several times for formal wear - also good service. I hope my good service continues on future cruises.

Had an experience where we had dry cleaning done and also had it marked on slip. Came back washed and dried! Our evening wear ruined. So from now on we only have undergarments, t shirts things like that done. Also I will wash myself and dry on the balcony B].

You wash yourself and dry on the balcony????? (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

what about an iron if you need one -- will be on Noordam

No, you may not bring an iron.:eek: You don't want to risk the fire hazard.

Others on CC will advise steaming your clothes by hanging them in the shower to get out wrinkles.

Edited by AZNative2000

That was our experience as well on our two HAL cruises. We used the bag special twice on each cruise since they were 14 days or more.

Actually, the hang up pants and shirts are "steamed" with a really nifty inflation system (images from Oosterdam Behind the Scenes Tour):

img_0692.jpg

img_0693.jpg