Blue Man Group Leaving the EPIC

karenlovesparis

I love Burn the Floor, I saw it years ago in NYC and saw it four times on the Breakaway (in one week). I think it will be popular in Europe as tv programmes like Strictly Come Dancing (the UK's Dancing with the Stars) are very popular so Burn The Floor would definitely appeal.

Burn the floor oh dear.....this will be a disaster.

That will not work in Europe it all USA unless they tweek it

Saw it on the Breakaway and was delighted to walk out early after 15 mins as to most of the UK guests who thought it was......!:mad:

I have no interest in watching dancing, but certainly lots of people round here enjoy it. When I was involved in some fund raising activities a few years ago, the thing that got the biggest interest was a suggestion of some dancing thing related to Strictly Come Dancing.

I think it will do fine.

I love Burn the Floor, I saw it years ago in NYC and saw it four times on the Breakaway (in one week). I think it will be popular in Europe as tv programmes like Strictly Come Dancing (the UK's Dancing with the Stars) are very popular so Burn The Floor would definitely appeal.

Never saw Burn the Floor so its a dance show? Then I probably wouldn't like it, I'm not into dancing with the Stars or So You Think You Can Dance. the only dancing I like is on a pole lol.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Sorry to disagree but strictly is a different media entirely. it may work for some people of course but given there are few people who would have seen a Broadway show I wait to be convinced. Strictly is made up of celebrities and professional dancers (not show dancers) and is a competition. people watch for many more reasons than "a dance show"

However, only time will tell who is right, but with EPIC in Europe all year round it will be obvious very soon who was correct. ;)

It has been used for another show(s) too the whole time.

Still, it will likely take a lot of construction to take down the BMG set that has been used for five years and build whatever replaces it. Construction that can't be performed around for a fill show. (I personally have not seen BMG and it may be performed on a blank stage, for all I know. But whatever replaces it likely isn't a blank stage. That is the appeal of many of the cruise headliners. They are big, Broadway style productions with lavish sets!)

Idk how everyone doesn't love the Blue Man Group, forget the drumming for a minute they're actually really really funny.

Different strokes for different folks. I saw BMG in Vegas courtesy of my company at our management seminar in July 2007. I couldn't stand it -didn't think it was funny at all - but I was passing a kidney stone so I thought that clouded my judgment. Fast forward to my first Epic cruise in April 2011. I decided to try it again. Just not my thing. I walked out. BMG is very successful, though, so I'm apparently in the minority. I've sailed Epic four times...it's high time they change the entertainment.

Edited by Chigirlcruzin

I'm on the April 12th sailing. But there is one sailing before mine on April 5th that is in the same state of limbo right now. With the April 5th sailing being less then 30 days away, and still no entertainment options, how will that work when suddenly 4000 passengers all at once are trying to book their shows. I went ahead and booked my specialty restaurants not knowing if it would interfere with my show choices or not. At this point I don't care if they throw in a trained monkey, I just want to make the rest of my reservations.

How many touring groups does Blue Man have? We are seeing them on march 13 in Pennsylvania and they have a show at Universal and Vegas and several other perm venues.

Saw the "originals " many years ago in Vegas. Hard to believe that try can duplicate an extravaganza like that on a ship.

But it would be fun to see..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How many touring groups does Blue Man have? We are seeing them on march 13 in Pennsylvania and they have a show at Universal and Vegas and several other perm venues.

Saw the "originals " many years ago in Vegas. Hard to believe that try can duplicate an extravaganza like that on a ship.

But it would be fun to see..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have not seen them in Vegas, but the show we saw on epic was very similar to get version we saw in NYC a few years ago. I liked but did not love it, only went to see it on the ship because my husband really liked it. And it was an enjoyable evening, but I would have preferred to see Legends (which I have seen in Vegas).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have not seen them in Vegas, but the show we saw on epic was very similar to get version we saw in NYC a few years ago. I liked but did not love it, only went to see it on the ship because my husband really liked it. And it was an enjoyable evening, but I would have preferred to see Legends (which I have seen in Vegas).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You didn't miss anything on the epic, I did not go to the legends show because everyone I talked to on the ship said it was terrible.

Cruising on the Epic on the 5th of April. We have no entertainment prebooking options at all. Not sure what to expect when we get on the boat for entertainment. The cruise line is saying that all the entertainment has been booked and that is why nothing is avaiable. Not realy believing that. Guess we have to look forward to the first day onboard standing in line.

I'm also booked on the April 5th Epic cruise. I sent an email to my sales rep earlier today and he replied "The options will not be visible for this particular cruise, once you board the ship go to the box office and they will reserve your place"...as opposed to the "fully booked" response you received.

I'm also booked on the April 5th Epic cruise. I sent an email to my sales rep earlier today and he replied "The options will not be visible for this particular cruise, once you board the ship go to the box office and they will reserve your place"...as opposed to the "fully booked" response you received.

That is just crazy. We like to plan in advance, unlike some people who like to fly by the seat of their pants, which is ok too. Blue Man Group isn't the only entertainment on ship. Even though they will be gone, what about Legends, Cirque, the Comedy Shows???? That last thing I want to do when I get on board is get in a line at the box office.

I thought Burn the Floor was just ok. The performers were awesome but not the kind of show I'm crazy about. I guess I'm a Broadway type person since I liked Rock of Ages and Hairspray. Perhaps NCL could purchase the license for Jersey Boys or a tribute type show.

Saw a Frankie Valli tribute; "Oh what a night" on the Pearl a few years ago, saw them again in Branson and they are a terrific act. Would love to see them on the Epic!

Saw a Frankie Valli tribute; "Oh what a night" on the Pearl a few years ago, saw them again in Branson and they are a terrific act. Would love to see them on the Epic!

I agree. Also saw them on the Pearl. Would see them again in a heartbeat.

I am one of those people who could watch blue man everyday. I have both of their albums and have seen them 4 times. Heck it made my cruise the week of March 1st when I got picked on in the show and preshow. It is not for everyone and for me the legends show that week wasn't great.

I am one of those people who could watch blue man everyday. I have both of their albums and have seen them 4 times. Heck it made my cruise the week of March 1st when I got picked on in the show and preshow. It is not for everyone and for me the legends show that week wasn't great.

I completely agree with you

I would love to see the Blue Man Group and am disappointed that they will be gone. But, I am OK with that. I am not really happy that the cruise line is not letting us book at least shows that they know wil be on the cruise.I really hate standing in line and wasting a big chunk of my first day on the boat.

Just got off the phone with NCL after my second attempt. I ended up hanging up on the first gentleman. I could not understand him to save my life. Got a nice lady next time and she said that there will be no pre-booking of shows and entertainment for the Epic sailings on April 5 and April 12. She said you will most likely go to the box office while on board. "All 4000 passengers" I gasped. "That's crazy" "Are you really going to do that to your passengers" I kept my cool but I was not happy. I started the conversation by stating that I just wanted an honest and truthful answer about how they were going to handle the entertainment reservations. She said she wasn't 100% sure how it was going to work but I thanked her anyway for her response. I'm going to call again on April 6th after the first day of the April 5th cruise to see if they have a better plan.

We are sailing April 5 and I have been calling NCL asking a lot of questions pertaining to our cruise and constantly get the run around. Its so frustrating and I regret even giving NCL a try. I don't care if the cruise line would offer myself, every friend and family member a free cruise for a year, I will never cruise this line again. This will be my families 6th cruise, first and last NCL! My husband will be the guy with paperwork at guest services asking people about their poor customer service. A vacation should never be this stressful, then knowing we can't book anything until we board is a waste of time! So sad. But lesson learned!