size of shuttle or taxi

Markanddonna

We have 4 adults who need a taxi or shuttle from an airport and we would each have 4 large suitcases and a carryon bag. I am looking at supershuttle and it is confusing

shared ride van service: $33 each passenger, so $132 for four passengers

execucar Sedan Meet and Greet $70 for all four passengers.

I called the shuttle service direct and the customer service person's response didn't give me any assurance of her knowledge since she had to look everything up like I had just done.

My question: will an ExecuCar Sedan for a max of four passengers be able to handle 4 pieces of large luggage plus the 4 carryons?

They have an ExecuCar SUV Meet and Greet for $85. Maybe that is safer?

It would be helpful to know what port you are referring to.

Out of Fort Lauderdale last year we had three adults and three children, and a lot of bags. We just joined the regular taxi line and the dispatcher (he was handling all the cabs; line was moving quickly) called us a large van. We paid the regular cab fee of around $20 plus tip.

We have 4 adults who need a taxi or shuttle from an airport and we would each have 4 large suitcases and a carryon bag.
Yes, in addition to knowing the actual airport involved, do you REALLY mean for the car to hold 16 large suitcases? To say nothing of the carryons.

Sounds more like you need a freight forwarder more than a shuttle service.

No, we are not like the Real Housewives of __________ with 4 suitcases each. I meant 4 large suitcases in all with a backpack or small bag also for each person= 4 large suitcases plus 4 small bags. This would be out of Hobby in Texas.

Thanks for catching my mistake.

The last time we went on a cruise, it was out of our home port (hour's drive) but since we had a lot of stuff for a two-week cruise, I emailed several land transportation companies and gave them the details -- our home address, which port, approximately how many pieces we were bringing, including hubby's guitar, how many of us...), and I got responses back pretty quickly as to the charge from each. That might be a better way of getting the info than calling them up.