Frosted out windows on Obstructed OV jewelled class ships

EllieinNJ

Hi all, I'm planning a trip on the Norwegian Jewel Would anyone please tell me if obstructed cabins 8070 to 8086 have a window that is opaque? Been reading some posts and someone posted this..see 3 attached images. Just wanting to know if its correct. Thank you.

The answer to your question is in the post directly before yours.

The answer to your question is in the post directly before yours.

Thank you for your response. I have spoken to a travel agent who says that these rooms do have frosted windows, but as you have said...the post below says otherwise.

I would really like to hear from someone who has actually been in one of these rooms.

Thank you

Thank you for your response. I have spoken to a travel agent who says that these rooms do have frosted windows, but as you have said...the post below says otherwise.

I would really like to hear from someone who has actually been in one of these rooms.

OP's question about those obstructed windows ... pretty old but resurfaced, which is fine by itself ... but I am afraid it is based on outdated and possibly inaccurate info ... I've looked into the question a little bit further here; and, no offense to anyone, if mistaken, I stand corrected ...

The 3 partial screenshot images are - based on - 2015 post in the Cabin thread, which has subsequently been - apparently, updated due to changes done by the Jewel, to discontinue & remove those opaque windows. We're on the Gem last year & this year, I can confirm & vouch personally, it is NOT "smoked out" on the Gem's obstructed OV on deck 8, we actually stayed in one of them with clear double windows, plenty of natural skylight & freshly refreshed with carpeting, curtains & artwork, etc.

Source link - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45682191&postcount=95

This is consistent with a newer post than those "citing" a direct reply from a hotel director from 2015 - by the January 2017 post, which referenced a direct reply by NCL -

The Jewel no longer has frosted windows. Cabin 8060 has a partially obstructed view because of the lifeboats.

My other suggestion, post this question on an upcoming Jewel Roll Call & see if someone is kind enough to check & confirm it in person while they are cruising & report back directly - if there is adequate time in the planning stage.

Both NCL agents and outside, independent agents have been proven "wrong" and given inaccurate info in the past, and the agents might be getting the not true info from NCL's call center, both using outdated info.

However, unless someone has first hand info - I would lean toward the 2017 update vs. 2015's reply ... ship has been thru dry docking & my recollection of those opaque window was that it wasn't popular - close those curtains at night and/or while sleeping, changing - privacy problems solved, IMO.

OP's question about those obstructed windows ... pretty old but resurfaced, which is fine by itself ... but I am afraid it is based on outdated and possibly inaccurate info ... I've looked into the question a little bit further here; and, no offense to anyone, if mistaken, I stand corrected ...

The 3 partial screenshot images are - based on - 2015 post in the Cabin thread, which has subsequently been - apparently, updated due to changes done by the Jewel, to discontinue & remove those opaque windows. We're on the Gem last year & this year, I can confirm & vouch personally, it is NOT "smoked out" on the Gem's obstructed OV on deck 8, we actually stayed in one of them with clear double windows, plenty of natural skylight & freshly refreshed with carpeting, curtains & artwork, etc.

Source link - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45682191&postcount=95

This is consistent with a newer post than those "citing" a direct reply from a hotel director from 2015 - by the January 2017 post, which referenced a direct reply by NCL -

The Jewel no longer has frosted windows. Cabin 8060 has a partially obstructed view because of the lifeboats.

My other suggestion, post this question on an upcoming Jewel Roll Call & see if someone is kind enough to check & confirm it in person while they are cruising & report back directly - if there is adequate time in the planning stage.

Both NCL agents and outside, independent agents have been proven "wrong" and given inaccurate info in the past, and the agents might be getting the not true info from NCL's call center, both using outdated info.

However, unless someone has first hand info - I would lean toward the 2017 update vs. 2015's reply ... ship has been thru dry docking & my recollection of those opaque window was that it wasn't popular - close those curtains at night and/or while sleeping, changing - privacy problems solved, IMO.

Thank you for your detailed response. I really hope what you have said is true about these opaque windows being removed. I'm mainly interested in the starboard cabins between 8070 to 8088. I will post again soon if I find out anything. I have posted this question on the current sailing of Jewel, but no replies just yet...they are probably having too much of a good time!

Edited by LockwoodGrace