Pacific Princess Owners Suite

KruzeKrazy!

• 3 weeks later...

I have never stayed in the owners suites, but I have visited different ones on different cruises. I do not remember the person in the owners suite on deck 6 ever complaining about the room or noise.

I do remember the person staying in the owners suite on deck 8 complaining that because it was below the buffet area, there was noise and water dripping down early in the morning as the area was cleaned for the day.

I would think either side would be okay on deck 6 or deck 7. I'd take an upgrade to any of them, even deck 8 <G>

Any difference noise-wise between the two deck 6 Owners Suites? Both are above the MDR but didn't know if one side of the ship was any better/different than the other...

Thanks!

I've stayed in suite 6088 on the Ocean Princess. The Club Restaurant was immediately below but there was no way of telling that. We ate at 8.15 and heard nothing from the restaurant from first sitting while we were in our room.

Without question the most enjoyable suite we have stayed in on Princess.

Enjoy to the Max on the Pacific!

(lots of suite/balcony photos in my review)

Norris

We've stayed in the Owner's Suite 6088 once and in the aft balcony cabin 6093 several times. The only noise we've experienced is when they have the parade of the Baked Alaska on the last night and crank up the sound system. 5 or 10 minutes max and the sound really isn't that bad. I'd jump at the opportunity to be in any of the 4 aft cabins/suites on deck 6.

• 4 months later...

KruzeKrazy and Bentley5700,

Have a great FP cruise! My wife and I were in the Deck 6 aft starboard suite (6091) on the Pacific Princess last month in Alaska, and it was wonderful! I am very much interested in Princess' FP cruise but their dates don't work for us.

I had absolutely no issues with the MDR (Club Restaurant) being below us. There was no noise at all from it.

There will be vibration from the propellers since you are aft, especially when the ship is cruising at higher speeds. And also occasional "banging" noises from the engine/propeller. Whether or not this will bother you depends upon your sensitivity to such things. It did not bother me at all. On the other hand, my wife was a little annoyed by it, but even so, it never interfered with her sleep.

The vibration and noise were the worst when we entered the Gulf of Alaska, along with some increased turbulence. At that time, I removed the things from the small dining table (tray of glasses, basket of fruit, etc.), because I was afraid the combined vibration and ship rocking would cause them to fall of the table. But I have no knowledge about whether the Pacific waters around FP would be turbulent.

However, on a negative note, the occupants of the port suite (6088?) did complain about the vibration in their suite. They actually came over to our cabin one evening to ask if we were experiencing the same issues. They concluded that our vibration and noise were nowhere near as severe as theirs. When I saw them the next morning, they said the staff was unable to remedy their situation. Unfortunately, I don't know the eventual outcome. I hope that the problem was something temporary that could be repaired, rather than an issue that was typical. I rather think it was an atypical problem, because I've never read about any such complaints on these message boards.

RoobyDoo -

Thanks! We'll be in the same OS you were. If we find anything in the room we'll assume it's yours... ;)

I think ship movements/vibrations are all in the eye of the beholder. Those thinking it should be like a land-based vacation want things perfectly still. We think movement and ship noises are part of the experience of being on a ship and actually enjoy it.

But we're generally glass - half-full people anyway... :thumbup:

We booked this cruise more than a year ago and now down to 44 days till we fly out. Getting there... :D

Edited by KruzeKrazy!

We were in 6091 last year in AK and had a blast. Never heard any noise from below or above. yes, we had some vibrations that caused the glasses to jump off the table. We just put them on the floor at night and all okay.

We also had the UBD one night and it was wonderful!

ENJOY:)

A while back we had an aft cabin on a Princess cruise (Emerald). I likened the vibration to having a bed vibrator. As for noise, we always have white noise machines and sleep like babies.;) And if that doesn't work, we each have a rainstorm app on our iPads that runs all night. Plug in our ear buds and it's off to la la land.

We traditionally book Penthouse Suites. This Tahiti trip

will be our first OS. Celebrating two birthdays.