Dr. Seuss Breakfast Questions

elainmir

I want to do this onboard the Glory in March so I can get some great photos for my class ( really this old lady just wants to enjoy the breakfast);) as I celebrate Dr. Seuss and his books each year on his birthday. My cruise will be after his Birthday this year but I will have the photos for years to come.

1. Do I go to guest services to purchase my "tickets" when I board?

2. When is the breakfast? and where?

3. Is it worth the 5 $ for those who've tried it? ( I'm thinking the steak and eggs :D)

Thanks for all of your help!

We did this on the Liberty a couple of weeks ago.

There was a table set up on lido deck on sail away day that we signed up at.

We had ours on the last sea day.

They did a really nice job of decorating the dining room. The Suess characters will be there for photo ops. The food is your standard breakfast fare. They do have some food geared towards the kids.

For us, it was worth the $5 fee.

My husband (60) and I (58) went to this on Sunshine in January.

I thought it was well worth the money and really fun.

There was a phone number we called from our cabin to make our reservation. That's what it said to do in our Fun Times. I didn't see anyone set up anywhere taking reservations.

Our little granddaughter asked us to carry her stuffed piggy with us on the cruise since she was in school and couldn't go this time. We carried "Piggly Wiggly" with us to the breakfast and made lots of pics of him and the characters.

Carnival does a really good job with this. I would do it again next cruise but my husband probably wouldn't.

We had Thing 1, Thing 2, Sam I Am and Cat in the Hat. Earlier in the cruise we went to the Seuss-a-Palooza Parade that started at the back of the ship and went to the lounge at the front. It was fun, too. There was a huge amount of participation by the guests for that. When the parade ended in the lounge there was story time. All the details are listed in Fun Times so it's easy to know where to be at the right time.

Just did this on the Valor and it was awesome. While I loved it and treasure the photos, I would not recommend the cereal-crusted French toast. I thought it would be cornflakes or something, but it was Froot Loops basically all over French toast. For an adult… Yuck!!! It was so much fun though. I took tons of photos and even videos with my phone. We'll worth the $25 for our family!!! Would do it again in a heartbeat!!!

The Cat in the Hat stuff was among our favorite parts of our last cruise.

We felt the food was better than the usual breakfast.

Don't tell Carnival this, but it was not worth $5. It was worth more. Best bargain of the cruise. Enjoy :)

My 23 year old son was on the fence about going to the Dr. Seuss breakfast lol...UNTIL I told him there would be FRUIT LOOP encrusted French toast...then he said YES I'll GO! :p Thanks for your help here guys...Am going to this!

We went to this on the Freedom in December and LOVED it. Definitely worth the extra cost. I included a pretty detailed description and a bunch of photos in my review (click on the link in my signature), if you're interested. I would definitely recommend it!

Do they have the Seuss breakfast on the Elation?

According to the Carnival site:

Available on:

Breeze

Dream

Ecstasy

Freedom

Glory

Legend

Liberty

Magic

Pride

Splendor

Sunshine

Triump

Valor

Vist

COMING SOON:

Conquest

Fascination

Paradise

Sensation

What ages would this appeal to?

My 7 (almost 8) year old was "too cool" :rolleyes: for it. Lol. But my four year old loved the parade and show. He just wasn't interested in the breakfast.

• 4 months later...

According to the Carnival Site, they have this on a lot more ships than stated in another thread.

Go to Carnival dot com, and click on explore our ships. Scroll to ship you need and click on it. Scroll down to activities at sea, you will see Seuss at Sea. Click on that, and you will see a box that says what ships have this? Click on that, and it will list all the ships that have it, and a couple that it is coming soon to.