can you be preemptive with the upgrade fairy?

jxtgreek

You can call the 1-800 number and have them put a note on your booking that you are interested in upgrade opportunities.

Doubtful that you would receive a free upgrade using this method but I did this a couple years back and did indeed receive an upsell call. I didn't take the offer, however.

No, there is no direct line to the Upgrade Fairy.

Depending on how a cruise is selling, they will start calling guests to move them to the harder to sell cabins and opening the easy to sell cabins.

I think it all has to do with what rooms are selling. I was originally booked in an midship interior on my next cruise, but interiors were selling so fast eventually they were priced higher than an OV. It was around that time I got an email offer to upgrade to a forward balcony for $100 which I took immediately.

Last year I was booked on the Glory, past final payment, and noticed that a balcony cabin could be had for the same price I paid for an OV on deck 2. I called and explained nicely (and, with no expectations) and 2 minutes later I was in a balcony on deck 7... So, it is possible.Also depends on the rep you get on the phone... Good luck...

Just booked Sunshine in May. is there a phone number or email to contact the upgrade folks at Carnival to see if they might be offering anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From my experience, it is DEFINITELY possible and I was quite successful on my Valor cruise.

That was one of the few cruises that I booked a lesser grade cabin than I truly wanted. And the closer the cruise came, the more desperate I wanted to upgrade, but not at the steep price they were asking. When loads of folks (on our roll call (or FB page) started talking about upgrades they were being offered, I asked if anyone had a specific contact name/number they'd be willing to share. When someone offered it up, I called and mentioned that I knew of some folks that were being offered a balcony cabin at $xx price and wondered if I would be able to obtain a similar offer. There was no hesitation in that offer being made to me. And I was thrilled.

Since then, I've saved the name and phone number for future reference. But wasn't sure if the number/extension I have is ship or itinerary specific, or not.

on my last cruise on the glory i received an up sell call that i took. while talking and making the transaction with the salesman i wanted to make sure it was for my upcoming glory cruise and not my upcoming pride cruise. he confirmed it was for the glory cruise. so we finalized the upgrade. but he also told me i will receive an email from him with his name and phone extension. he told me i could call him every time i cruise and he would go over my upgrade options with me.

We got a strange upgrade for our next cruise.

It is in December and we got an upgrade call last week,

2 days after I called in enquiring about changing my cabin.

We had an inside 4 person Cabin, as my wife is afraid of our 2 year old being in a cabin with a balcony. So after we booked and she did some thinking, she wanted an upgrade but when I called in it was going to be like a new booking and more expensive than it would have been if we just booked the balcony to begin with. This frustrated me a bit so I said nevermind.

So we then got a call and got offered a 4k room for $100 more, I declined as I was no interested in looking at a lifeboat directly in front of the door. About 20 mins later my PVP called back and offered an extended balcony for the same $100. He then told me a family wanted our specific room because they had other members booked all around it and ours was a connecting or something.

So I took the offer and now have an extended balcony, but it is a few levels lower.