Cabin change

Jimbob123

Help required please

Sailing on Ventura on April 12

I booked Cabin L250 when we booked just after xmas.Today got an Email to print E ticket and see i am now allocated A502 .Is this classed as an upgrade or have P&O just changed it without informing me.This is my first cruise with P&O and thought with a select fare you guaranteed your cabin No.

If i'm in a better cabin i Don't mind but not knowing the ship could anyone help please?

L250 is a HF grade cabin, the lowest grade of balcony cabin, and is very near the front of the ship. A502 is a HA grade cabin, the highest grade of balcony cabin and in a nice midships postion. Apart from the position, the cabins are identical. You have therefore been upgraded by 5 cabin grades, and to a much better position on the ship in the same type of cabin. Congratulations!

Edited by Denarius

Looking at the deck plans in my brochure your original cabin was on Lido deck, towards the front of the ship with a note saying the cabin is partly shaded - by what I do not know. The new assignment is a couple of decks lower, has cabins above and below it (good from the point of view of possible noise) and is more midship. So all in all I would say a definite upgrade.

I know with Cunard (not sure if it is the same with P&O) even when you book a particular cabin number you need to opt in or out of wishing to have an upgrade. If you opt out you should keep the same cabin. You could ask your agent if you used one or ask P&O if you booked direct. Enjoy your first P&O cruise.

Just priced up the cabins for the cruise that Im going on....the difference between your 2 cabin grades is £160 per cabin.

Plus your balcony wont be in shade, thats a nice free upgrade for sure!!

Enjoy your cruise even more than you were going to! :)

Definite upgrade..much better position...midship...not under pool deck...great.

Sometimes what P&O class as an "upgrade" isn't always for the better but in this case it is.

yep I agree!! I really want to stick a fork in Jimbob's eye!! ;) Jealous, not me!:rolleyes: :)

If you pay an upgrade it will be charged at the rate when you first booked your cruise not at the difference it is now. We did it recently.

Its late, Ive had a drink, but is this post relevant?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk