Booking 2 people in a 3 person cabin

jetta8300

Hello! We are booked on the Carnival Pride coming up in April. I have an aft view cabin booked on deck 5, and it's double occupancy. After checking for other rooms opening up, I see that there are a lot of aft view rooms opening up, and they are triple occupancy cabins. I wanted a cabin on deck 4 to get the large overhang above.

It LETS me book them online with only 2 people, however when calling Carnival to see if this change is OK, they tell me I'm not allowed to book a triple occupancy cabin for 2 people. I'm confused. When I tell them it lets me book it online they don't really know what to say. The sailing date is coming up and I'm assuming they opened these up for double occupancy because they have a lot of rooms available. Anyone else ever had this experience?

Hello! We are booked on the Carnival Pride coming up in April. I have an aft view cabin booked on deck 5, and it's double occupancy. After checking for other rooms opening up, I see that there are a lot of aft view rooms opening up, and they are triple occupancy cabins. I wanted a cabin on deck 4 to get the large overhang above.

It LETS me book them online with only 2 people, however when calling Carnival to see if this change is OK, they tell me I'm not allowed to book a triple occupancy cabin for 2 people. I'm confused. When I tell them it lets me book it online they don't really know what to say. The sailing date is coming up and I'm assuming they opened these up for double occupancy because they have a lot of rooms available. Anyone else ever had this experience?

Hi...call back to Carnival, and ask again. State that you are able to do a mock booking on-line which would allow you to grab one of the triple or quad cabins, and that you would really appreciate being able to move down 1 deck.

If you are a repeat cruiser with Carnival, then mention that as well. Approaching the front-line staff with charm and kindness will go a long way to getting you what you want. If you don't get anywhere, then ask for a Supervisor to 'take it up the chain of command'.

Remember, that every time you call Carnival you will get a different answer to the same question.

Good Luck and have a fabulous cruise :)

Edited by K&P Luv2Cruise

If you were to take the mock booking through to the end it would give you a warning that because of occupancy Carnival has the right to move you. This close to sailing I doubt it would happen but it could.

While I can't give you an answer as to why they won't move you when you call on the phone I will share that my PVP had problems when we wanted to put 3 in a 4 person stateroom. She said the system wouldn't let her book it that way. She had to take it to a supervisor. We wanted 3 balcony cabins and needed them across from a handicap interior. We were booking a year in advance just to get the exact staterooms we wanted. She was able to overcome this but like I said she had to get a super involved.

Thanks for the replies. I did call back and got a bit nicer person this time, but she still wouldn't do it. She said she can't put a 2 person booking in a 3 occupancy room. She said we would run the risk of getting "booted out" if someone needed the room. It just stinks that it will let me book it like that online, and there is absolutely NOTHING that states online that it's a 3 person room when trying to book, (maybe it does at the end, but all of the rooms are available to choose with no problem.) There are probably 8 new aft cabin rooms that opened up on 5 different decks, all 3 person occupancy rooms that it will let us book online. I don't want to get booted altogether, but there are so many rooms left that I doubt it would happen with 45 days until we sail.

All Well, I am very happy with our cabin, but I just can't do a ton of sun and didn't really notice this lack of shade when I originally booked the deck 5 cabin. One of the issues with booking online I guess, I didn't get a whole lot of info. We will have a great time!

Edited by jetta8300

I'm surprised that with a sailing date next month, they haven't lifted those occupancy restrictions. How many of those triples are left?

A LOT of them. They must have just lifted the restrictions online, because now it will let me choose from like 8 different triples online. But they won't switch it for me over the phone. Is this normal?

I'm surprised that with a sailing date next month, they haven't lifted those occupancy restrictions. How many of those triples are left?

So I counted to be exact. There are 20 total aft extended balcony cabins on the ship. 8 of them are still open, and 7/8 of them are triple occupancy cabins. Will let me book any of them online but will not switch over the phone.

Edited by jetta8300

That's really strange. Our PVP just switched our cabin for us today, and the one we moved to is showing on the deck plans with a max occupancy of 4 (there are only 2 of us). He never said anything about occupancy one way or another.

So I counted to be exact. There are 20 total aft extended balcony cabins on the ship. 8 of them are still open, and 7/8 of them are triple occupancy cabins. Will let me book any of them online but will not switch over the phone.

hmm..... I do have one idea. You could go online and hold one of those cabins. Call back and just tell the rep you put a room on 24 hour hold that you would like to switch to and give them that booking # with the hold. Say nothing about the occupancy restrictions. Don't put any ideas in their heads. See if they do it that way.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

hmm..... I do have one idea. You could go online and hold one of those cabins. Call back and just tell the rep you put a room on 24 hour hold that you would like to switch to and give them that booking # with the hold. Say nothing about the occupancy restrictions. Don't put any ideas in their heads. See if they do it that way.

Actually, now that you mention it, that's exactly what I did (without even realizing it was a higher occupancy cabin). Give it a shot!

I was going to say the exact same thing. "Act stupid" when it comes to the occupancy...

We upgraded from a two person OV to a four person cove balcony a month before our Feb. 22nd 2015 Dream sailing with no problem whatsoever. Paid $50pp to do so- maybe that's the key- paying additional $$ versus just a straight across switch?

Tony

If it's any consolation, I had a similar issue. I wanted myself and 2 kids in adjoining cabins, so I was a single and a double occupancy. There were several adjoining ocean views (which is what I needed due to kids ages) and they wouldn't let me do it, because they were noted as triple occupancy cabins. I was told I would have to pay for 3 people per cabin to do it. I ended up with a balcony and an interior. One month out, some adjoining OV are still available, but they won't do it.

We upgraded from a two person OV to a four person cove balcony a month before our Feb. 22nd 2015 Dream sailing with no problem whatsoever. Paid $50pp to do so- maybe that's the key- paying additional $$ versus just a straight across switch?

Tony

April is high season, many families need the higher occupancy cabins. Late February is not high season.

April is high season, many families need the higher occupancy cabins. Late February is not high season.

Sorry, but April 19th is not high season. Easter falls on April 5th- two weeks prior. Try pricing a 7 day Caribbean cruise late Feb. versus late April- big difference in demand and pricing.

Tony

Thanks everyone for your comments. I understand the reasoning behind them not wanting to give me the room, and I also do not want to be bumped from the room. I'm just annoyed that the Internet DOES let me book the cabin just fine. I wouldn't really care if it was consistently not letting me book, but it's just a little annoying that if I was booking for the first time today online, I could have the cabin I want no problem.

I was also under the impression that this isn't high season due to the fact that it's very late in the year for spring break, especially since Easter is 2 weeks before. If schools wait that late for spring break, usually it's because Easter is the week right before.

Edited by jetta8300

I "kinda" ran in to the same problem trying to book our interior cabin on the Pride. I watched for months and we have 3 people (2 adults, 1 child) and it said there was NOTHING available for an interior or OV cabin. Our only choice was a balcony. This sailing (during Easter) was about 2 1/2 times the amount that we would ever pay for a cruise. :rolleyes: But it would allow me to book a 2 person or 4 person interior or OV cabin. :mad: Just not 3 people.

In the end, we ended up booking the balcony...what else could we do? We even had our TA call several times to try to get someone at Carnival to lift the restriction on the rooms for a 3 person. They wouldn't budge.

About 2 weeks after we booked, they lifted the restrictions on those interior and OV cabins and allowed 3 people in them. Yes, I was pissed since I was beyond the PIF date and couldn't change. However, I'm now kinda use to the idea of having the balcony this time around since we will be going to new ports we haven't been to before and it will just make it nicer for us.

I know, not exactly the same as your situation, but still kinda the same. :p

Sorry, but April 19th is not high season. Easter falls on April 5th- two weeks prior. Try pricing a 7 day Caribbean cruise late Feb. versus late April- big difference in demand and pricing.

Tony

It depends on what Carnival considers high season, not the calendar. We've had the kid's spring break past the time of Carnival's spring break season. Saved a lot of money.

I "kinda" ran in to the same problem trying to book our interior cabin on the Pride. I watched for months and we have 3 people (2 adults, 1 child) and it said there was NOTHING available for an interior or OV cabin. Our only choice was a balcony. This sailing (during Easter) was about 2 1/2 times the amount that we would ever pay for a cruise. :rolleyes: But it would allow me to book a 2 person or 4 person interior or OV cabin. :mad: Just not 3 people.

In the end, we ended up booking the balcony...what else could we do? We even had our TA call several times to try to get someone at Carnival to lift the restriction on the rooms for a 3 person. They wouldn't budge.

About 2 weeks after we booked, they lifted the restrictions on those interior and OV cabins and allowed 3 people in them. Yes, I was pissed since I was beyond the PIF date and couldn't change. However, I'm now kinda use to the idea of having the balcony this time around since we will be going to new ports we haven't been to before and it will just make it nicer for us.

I know, not exactly the same as your situation, but still kinda the same. :p

Yes that's a very similar situation. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm sure we will LOVE our cabin we have booked, but it would just be nice to have that overhang for some shade on our balcony. Darn! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same situation now. We are booked on the valor in a 2 person aft extended balcony but it does not have the sofa which we enjoy using from time to time and like the sofa table. The one next to it online will let me do a mock booking online even though it is a 3 person cabin. I sent an email requesting to be moved to the 3 person occupancy cabin. We will see how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same situation now. We are booked on the valor in a 2 person aft extended balcony but it does not have the sofa which we enjoy using from time to time and like the sofa table. The one next to it online will let me do a mock booking online even though it is a 3 person cabin. I sent an email requesting to be moved to the 3 person occupancy cabin. We will see how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck to you! We were actually able to be moved! We waited about a week and called again. And the PVP on the phone said NO PROBLEM! She did give me the schpeel about possibly being moved, but she said it's only because she has to, she said it was a VERY slim chance that we would be booted because it was like 21 days before the cruise. Good luck again!

We've booked into cabins for 3 and 4 many times for the two of us. In fact we have a cabin for four booked for next February for the two of us with no problem so it's not just last minute cruises.