Anthem of the seas - q -

Hi Everyone

im a first time cruiser, so would appreciate any handy tips and hints on quantum class.

Id like to know if im able to bring orange squash on board? My toddlers only drink squash or they get funny tummys. I asked RC who were very confused when I tried to explain what orange squash was and they still didn't understand. I know I cant buy it onboard and I know they don't provide it.

Also ive just read online that they confisgate cough medicines etc, I need to bring calpol for the kids so I hope they don't take that !

ALSO - ive just read that the shows are online and available to book as of a couple of days ago, ive been online lots of times and the entertainment doesn't show as being able to view let alone book... has anyone else seen what shows are going to be onboard and are the seats open to book?

ive been told that anthem will be exctly the same as quantum so wondered if anyone had any advice for our first time cruising. We have 2 toddlers with us so any family advice on cruising would be great too.

thank you !

Hi Everyone

im a first time cruiser, so would appreciate any handy tips and hints on quantum class.

Id like to know if im able to bring orange squash on board? My toddlers only drink squash or they get funny tummys. I asked RC who were very confused when I tried to explain what orange squash was and they still didn't understand. I know I cant buy it onboard and I know they don't provide it.

Also ive just read online that they confisgate cough medicines etc, I need to bring calpol for the kids so I hope they don't take that !

ALSO - ive just read that the shows are online and available to book as of a couple of days ago, ive been online lots of times and the entertainment doesn't show as being able to view let alone book... has anyone else seen what shows are going to be onboard and are the seats open to book?

ive been told that anthem will be exctly the same as quantum so wondered if anyone had any advice for our first time cruising. We have 2 toddlers with us so any family advice on cruising would be great too.

thank you !

Hi wirral36 & welcome to the wonderful world of cruising :D

RCI is not keen on guests bringing drinks (of any sort) onboard with them - except the 2 x bottles of wine allowed per stateroom on embarkation day.

However, if you were to do a letter and ask your Doctor to sign it, stating that your 2 x toddlers can only drink Squash (this is an alien drink to RCI as they just don't sell it in the US) and that they also need to take Calpol if they are poorly - then I can't imagine you would have any issues with taking them onboard. If it were me, I would carry both in my carry-on baby bag...

With regard to Shows, the main production show is the musical We Will Rock You (Royal Theatre) which is 90 mins long and the other show to be booked is Spectra's Cabaret (Two70) and the show times for both plus the Comedy Show and the Headliner Showtime are now available for the first 3 x sailings only, although as yet, not available to actually book :eek:

I am checking availability to book on a Daily Basis :rolleyes:

Shout if you have any more questions - although my 'toddler' is now a 6ft 2" 18yr old :eek:

thank you so much for your help... as im new to all this cruise booking, im finding it very frustrating and a bit stressful to be honest !

Don't worry, everyone finds it a bit overwhelming before their first cruise - I know I did !

I asked lots and lots of (what I thought to be) stupid questions during the months before our first cruise - and I was told that 'there are no stupid questions when you are preparing for your first cruise' !!!

So ask away !!!

Hi, I only drink Vimto which is like squash. I take a bottle on board with no problems on each cruise I've been on.

I am allergic to certain sweetners in some soda drinks .

Last cruise was June last year on Independence from Southampton.

It was in my carry on luggage .

Edited by sue999

I've taken a couple of bottles of squash on many cruises and have packed in it my main luggage with no problem. I thought I may get called to the naughty room if they thought the bottles were alcohol, but no such call

Hi Everyone

thank you !

Hi Wirral36

I have two kids and they have been cruising from 6 months old. We have always brought several bottles of calpol and have never had any issues. I have never heard of this and dont know why/how they could justify doing it. The kids have been on rci/celebrity 10+ cruises.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Just to inform the rest of us...what exactly IS "orange squash"? Inquiring minds want to know! I hear it mentioned so much, but I haven't a clue!

Hi,

Its a famous UK item, you dilute the orange squash with water to make juice. Google - Robinsons Orange Squash. It will explain all and show you the range they do.

Steven :)

I have never heard of them confiscating cough medicine :confused: I can't see why you should have any problem taking Calpol onboard, after all it's just liquid paracetemol and they don't confiscate paracetemol.

As for the squash, I've seen people taking all sorts of soft drinks/water onboard so can't see why you would have a problem. I would pack it in your hand luggage though in case they see a bottle in your case and think it's alcohol.

Isn't it basically just orange juice?

Can they drink nothing else? Milk? Water? Other juices? What does "funny tummy" mean?

Edited to add- I found a recipe. It's strained orange juice added to sugar water. So, it's much sweeter because of the added sugar. How healthy.

Edited by BND

Isn't it basically just orange juice?

Can they drink nothing else? Milk? Water? Other juices? What does "funny tummy" mean?

Edited to add- I found a recipe. It's strained orange juice added to sugar water. So, it's much sweeter because of the added sugar. How healthy.

There are plenty available with no added sugar

There are plenty available with no added sugar

But, isn't it basically orange juice?

I can't imagine packing special foods or drinks for toddlers. Our boys drank water and/or milk and ate whatever we did from about 10 months on. Made it very easy to take them everywhere. I just can't imagine that they drink nothing else and why they'd have tummy troubles. Allergies are different, but water is always an option.

Packing enough for two kids for a week could get expensive for luggage since the op has to fly overseas because you can't buy it here except maybe in a specialty UK store which are not on every corner. My DIL's mother is British and she goes to a couple of different shops to find what she likes or her mother brings some things when she comes over for a visit.

Edited by BND

In response to the person who wrote orange squash - "how healthy" im assuming that was a sarcastic comment.

pure orange juice or pure juice of any flavour gives my toddlers diarrhea, my son refuses plain water and wont drink at all if water is the only thing on offer.

I only asked a question and thank those nice people who replied with kind and helpful words, Those who seem to be attacking me for saying I give my kids orange squash WITH NO ADDED SUGAR may I add ! - why on earth did you reply if you had only negative comments to make ??!

wirral36.........You're original thread that you started yesterday was moved to Countdown to Quantum Class since your question is related to that class of ship. This thread may be combined with the one you started yesterday, so if it suddenly disappears you will know where it has gone.

Edited by cruisenfever

In response to the person who wrote orange squash - "how healthy" im assuming that was a sarcastic comment.

pure orange juice or pure juice of any flavour gives my toddlers diarrhea, my son refuses plain water and wont drink at all if water is the only thing on offer.

I only asked a question and thank those nice people who replied with kind and helpful words, Those who seem to be attacking me for saying I give my kids orange squash WITH NO ADDED SUGAR may I add ! - why on earth did you reply if you had only negative comments to make ??!

So, how is squash different than oj? Other than pulp which you can strain out if necessary, and possibly added water. I'm just confused since everything I find says squash is just juice squeezed from oranges. Sorry if I have an opinion that you don't like, but answering my questions really would help us understand what the difference is.

As for the "how healthy" comment, I found several articles that mention sugar added and how some schools have banned it in the UK, like soda here.

Edited by BND

BND - probably the closest US equivalent is Koolaid, in that it's not actually juice but a fruit-flavoured drink which is served like a cordial and has water added to it. And incidentally the OP does not have to fly overseas as she's sailing on Anthem from the UK.

wirral36 - you should get your kids to try the free lemonade onboard. It's nothing like lemonade in the UK, i.e. it's fruity and is not fizzy and is probably the closest thing to squash which is served onboard.

Edited by Bobal

Wirral36, there isn't an equivalent to squash in the US. This drove us crazy on one occasion when we were boarding in the US and I tried everywhere to buy some. We always have a drink of squash for bedtime, in case we wake up thirsty & need a drink ...and I hate plain water, so flavoured water works very well for us.

We now always take a bottle from the UK and take it onboard in our hand luggage and show it to security. There is never any problem.

However, if you ever go to the US, take your own!! :)

Hope that helps

Jean

Edited by Jeannie333333

The windjammer do a flavoured water now which is probably the closest to Robinsons and I agree that the lemonade is lovely nothing like our fizzy stuff. I wouldn't try the orange juice they serve as I think it would be too strong for little ones .As you don't have to worry about the weight Id just take a couple of bottles on board with your hand luggage..(if you need anything for them and your going to Gibraltar theres a Morrisons near the port and pharmacies that sell a lot of british makes lol )its hard travelling with little ones and you want to relax and enjoy your holiday .

I so empathise with original poster! I have 2 girls who for years would only drink Robinsons R, btw they gave perfect teeth and never a cavity.

Please don't fret I often used to carry on 6 litres of the stuff. Less nowadays as u can get the concentrated version. You are never questioned at Southsmpton because UK staff know what it is.

Also no probs with calpol either.

Relax and enjoy your cruise your kids will have a ball.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like plain water and I don't like the lemonade/ice tea provided by the cruise line. I packed a cooler bag with 9 bottles of flavored seltzer water, put a luggage tag on it and gave it to the porter. It was delivered to my room with the rest of my luggage with no problem.

I think the cruise line is most concerned with passengers bringing liquor on-board.

You are the only one who knows what your children need. I'm sure the cruise line will work with you.

Enjoy your cruise!!!