Is smoking allowed in Oceanview Bar Deck 10 Millennium?

surgie

We just got off the Summit on March 7th. There was definitely smoking outside aft on deck 10 only port side. Often though, the only empty tables were on this side so I would pick up the big blue ashtray and bring it to the bar effectively making the smoking section smaller. We never saw any cigars.

This was out first trip with only an outside cabin (deck 3 new cabins) so I spent a lot of time on the promenade deck. There were rarely smokers even on the port side.

I think that Celebrity is quietly building its reputation as a non-smoker-friendly cruise line.

Not judging, just saying.

I have a couple of months before final payment on an A1 aft. In December I was told it was only cigars out there. So hopefully some consistency will happen before then.

I am not going to switch lines over it, but I may switch cabins.

There is no way it should affect cabin selection. You'll be fine.

I have a couple of months before final payment on an A1 aft. In December I was told it was only cigars out there. So hopefully some consistency will happen before then.

I am not going to switch lines over it, but I may switch cabins.

Actually it wasn't only cigars out there, it was the only place a cigar could be smoked. Big difference. It was always a smoking area for cigarettes, but apparently it now varies ship to ship.

Which ship are you going on?

• 2 months later...

Movies Under the Stars on Millennium

Celebrity are starting Movies Under the Stars on Deck 12 just over Aqua Class Cabins on Deck 11. They start at 10.15pm and finish after midnight. They have movable chairs and a very loud sound system. Currently they are on Summit and sleeping is impossible until they finish.

We are considering cancelling both our Millennium and Summit cruises on Deck 11 Aqua Class due to new Movies Under the Stars on Deck 12 Aft from 10.15pm until after midnight.

They are very noisy with movable chairs and a very loud sound system.

I did not realize they moved the outdoor movies on Summit. In Dec. it was only once or twice a week.

Sorry to the folks trying to communicate with me, I got a little under the weather in March and must have missed notifications.

Our next ship is the Infinity, and as far as I can tell there is not smoking that will bother deck 11 and no movies above the cabins.

Edited by hulamoon