2:30pm flight leaving Miami

georgiaguy

So figuring that we will be off Reflection by 9-9:30am and the flight isnt for five hours We both have pre-check so airport isnt really an issue if we are there by 1pm. Any suggestions on something to pass the time?

As noted you can have a leisurely morning before you disembark.

If you get off the ship by 9:30 and disembarkation doesn't get slowed down due to few agents and too many passengers, you should be through C & I by a little after 10. By the time you get to the airport it will be a little before 11.

The one thing, even with pre-check you would be wise to do on a heavy cruise day is to get to MIA a little bit earlier than 1 1/2 pre flight. If you haven't been to MIA before it is quite a hectic airport and some airlines have gates that seem to be somewhere in the keys they are so far from the check in. TSA can also be slow, even for medallions and Global Entry passengers.

There are plenty of places to get a leisurely lunch and relax before your flight.

You really don't have time to do much else unless you disembark earlier and wait for shops, museums, and sites to open at 10.

Sorry, I wish I had better news but we've had a few late disembarkations and messy C & I's and your wise choice of a 2:30 flight won't work for site seeing but it will almost certainly make you arrive at your MIA gate in time to board.

As alcpa1 stated you will not have much time to really do anything much. Enjoy breakfast before debarking, let everyone else get off and be one of the last to leave. You will be at the airport early, but that is better than rushing around and being late. relax and have lunch before your flight. Have a great cruise

If you really want to go somewhere, get to the airport and rent a car and head for South Beach for an early lunch by the ocean or just a walk along the ocean. If you really want to get away from the airport, you might want to consider leaving the ship earlier, Forget the leisurely breakfast and get off and get to the airport and head out to the beach. South Beach to MIA is a pretty quick trip.

I would agree with a previous poster that you may not have as much time to do much as you think. Our last few Miami based cruises were not the simple to depart. The good part is that Celebrity does a good job getting luggage out. THe bad side is the customs office is not that equipped to speedily handle passengers from 6 cruise ships. We have waited for 2 hrs in line after getting our luggage to get through customs. Our shortest wait was probably 45 min. On our last cruise 2 weeks ago Celebrity offered a luggage valet service where they take your luggage the last night and the next time you see it is at your destination airport. We were skeptical but it worked and it was great. At best I would agree with the poster who said at best you could go to South Beach for brunch and then to the airport but I would be a pain with luggage. Also our experiences with Miami airport is similar to a previous poster in that it is hectic, busy and sometime long waits to get through TSA. If you have TSA pre-check that helps.

Oh no bad news in this thread after all this will be on the end of what should be an amazing vacation. Just thought I would check if there were anyone had a creative suggestion or if there might be some secret I was unaware of.

Oh no bad news in this thread after all this will be on the end of what should be an amazing vacation. Just thought I would check if there were anyone had a creative suggestion or if there might be some secret I was unaware of.

An Everglades Tour?

I have read that you are dropped back at the airport at 1 pm. You will be one of the first off the ship and through customs and your luggage will go with you.

However, I've not done it, but for us it is an idea for the future.