Getaway ..room sizes .

stamper74

What is the big difference between a mini suite or a Balcony room on the getaway ? The travel agent has advised that the mini suite is 20 Sq feet and will sleep 4 with the drop down bunk . So I wonder what's the point in paying for a mini suite ... if it's the same size as the balcony rooms ?

As well is mini suites included in the all inclusive package right now where you get all the choices ? The site says suites and havens ..so does that include mini suites ?

Thx in advance

What is the big difference between a mini suite or a Balcony room on the getaway ? The travel agent has advised that the mini suite is 20 Sq feet and will sleep 4 with the drop down bunk . So I wonder what's the point in paying for a mini suite ... if it's the same size as the balcony rooms ?

As well is mini suites included in the all inclusive package right now where you get all the choices ? The site says suites and havens ..so does that include mini suites ?

Thx in advance

Mini suites don't get all the choices. Only categories starting with a "S" or "H".

We also got the mini suite, we only get one of the perks, only suites get them all.

You will get a bit larger stateroom and a larger bathroom with a large sink and double faucets and a larger shower with multiple jets and a rain shower and held shower head.

Thx in advance

I just got off this ship on the Feb 28 - Mar 7 sailing. Bathroom is a bit bigger, nothing else is different. We stayed in a regular balcony suite room 8176 and it was perfect for my wife and I, also had the option to sleep 4 with pull out couch and drop down bunk. I will be posting a longer review about our trip very soon so if you want more details keep an eye out for my review!

Mini suites have a bigger bathroom than a Balcony room.

Is that the only difference?:confused:

I'm strongly considering the Getaway and trying to decide which cabin. I've sailed mini suites on Princess, Royal Caribbean, Holland America and the corner mini on Carnival, as well as balconies. How do they compare?

Edited by tere247

Is that the only difference?:confused:

As said, larger bathroom and very slightly larger cabin. On older ships the difference between balconies and minisuites was more noticable.

As said, larger bathroom and very slightly larger cabin. On older ships the difference between balconies and minisuites was more noticable.

True....Although the mini on the Regal Princess was just about as large as on the older ships. To me, the balcony on her sister ship was painfully small...

I was on the Allure with my adult niece, and there seemed not to be enough room in a regular cabin.

This trip will be with my niece again. One that carries a lot of luggage..... Two ladies getting dressed at the same time. We seemed to get in each others way. I would want the extra room.

True....Although the mini on the Regal Princess was just about as large as on the older ships. To me, the balcony on her sister ship was painfully small...

I was on the Allure with my adult niece, and there seemed not to be enough room in a regular cabin.

This trip will be with my niece again. One that carries a lot of luggage..... Two ladies getting dressed at the same time. We seemed to get in each others way. I would want the extra room.

This is the NCL board, I was talking about older NCL ships - no idea how the cabins on other cruise lines are.

Edited by Demonyte

This is the NCL board, I was talking about older NCL ships - no idea how the cabins on other cruise lines are.

Sorry, I have never cruise on NCL before. Just trying to get an Idea on the size of their cabins. I was hoping that someone who has sailed on other lines might chime in with a comparison.

Thanks everyone that was a huge help . We just returned from a western caribean on the Dawn . And trying to book again for the fall but with the two kids. One we are looking at offers the mini suite 3rd ans 4th sail free . BUT the other getaway 12 day we are seriously considering only is offering half price ...so our budget places us in the balcony room . It's almost double the price four the four of us on the balcony ... compared to the 7 day with a mini suite and 3rd and 4th sailing free . But we love the 12 day itinerary... decision lol

Thanks for the room info !

Thanks everyone that was a huge help . We just returned from a western caribean on the Dawn . And trying to book again for the fall but with the two kids. One we are looking at offers the mini suite 3rd ans 4th sail free . BUT the other getaway 12 day we are seriously considering only is offering half price ...so our budget places us in the balcony room . It's almost double the price four the four of us on the balcony ... compared to the 7 day with a mini suite and 3rd and 4th sailing free . But we love the 12 day itinerary... decision lol

Haven't checked in a couple weeks, but they had jacked up the 3rd/4th rates in many cases on the 1/2 off person 3+ before the March sale started. You may be seeing that.

Have you considered the Large Balcony rooms? It might be a good option in between?