Shows/Entertainment on Constellation (or fleet)

schlocklate

What productions should we miss & which are worth seeing/better than others?

We are on a 4 day 3/26, so I know it will be a sampling of what is offered.

Also on our last Celebrity cruise (Equinox 3 years ago) they did this awesome dance party in the atrium w/ the cast/dancers. up and down the elevators, ... was one of the highlights of the cruise. Do they still do anything like that?

I know musical entertainers, comedy acts, magicians rotate fairly frequently, so we will just have to see what we get - usually better than the productions which are hit or miss on most lines.

-Terry

Attemd all and every one you can. Everybody has different likes and dislikes.

I don't like karoke but many love it. I leave when it starts or wait until it is over before going in.

Overall the entertainment is rather weak but it is there and somethig to do.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Try everything that looks interesting to you. Personally, I enjoyed the entertainment on Constellation in February. Found the Production Cast to be among the best I've seen. All the shows will change once Celebrity produces their own shows out of Miami. The change will be coming soon as the contracts with the current production companies are coming to an end.

The atrium dance party is a show that only really works on S-class ships. I doubt you will se anything like that on the Connie.

As for other shows it's hard to give recommendations because it all comes down to personal taste. If you are not sure about a show just sit near the back so you can sneak out without disturbing people.

She said that she wasleaving after the February 7th cruise. She was wonderful. Really at the top of her game.

We thought most of the musical groups and entertainment on the Equinox last December was way below that which we enjoyed on past cruises, but loved Jayne Curry!

Edited by tbmrt

The best shows I have seen on board were on Millennium several years ago, and I don't know whether they are still there; Q sine? productions or something like that. Beat all the other shows hands down that we had seen.

The shows' content doesn't change that much, although the production does somewhat. As a result I have grown to despise that song from Phantom of the Opera ..something of the Night, as well as the flag-raising one from Les Mis. Gag me with a spoon! :eek:

We heard on the last cruise (Millennium - Feb. 2015) that there is a change coming. Productions will become in house rather than arranged by outside companies.

I am hoping that we are not going to see a down spiral with the wow factor in costumes and props.

Nothing beats the dragon (yes, she has a name - one company of performers named her Fluffy) on Constellation for the fairy tale production.

Cutbacks here, cutbacks there but if Fluffy leaves...:eek:

We just got off the Constellation in January. The Celebrity Theater spans 3 decks and is just beautiful. Seating is very comfortable and sight lines are very good. The Celebrity Singers and Dancers performed three shows. We enjoyed all of the entertainment which included three production shows: iHollywood, The Land of Make Believe, and Celebrate the World. These were some of the most talented performers and best productions we've had the pleasure to watch on any Celebrity ship. Guest entertainers included comedian Jim David, singer Jordan Bennett, juggler Jeff Taveggia, a very high-energy world champion pianist Ryan Ahern (who seemed to torch 30 keys a second), and comedian Joe Yannetty. The aerialists were equally impressive with very aggressive stunts. The Celebrity Singers and Dancers also performed a couple of great bonus shows in the Reflections Lounge: Sideshow, and Motown. Another well-attended show was "Liar's Club" featuring Alejandro, Sara (from the Activities team), and Captain Tasos Kafetzis. It was a laughfest from start to finish!

More details at: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/constellation2.html

We just got off the Constellation in January. The Celebrity Theater spans 3 decks and is just beautiful. Seating is very comfortable and sight lines are very good. The Celebrity Singers and Dancers performed three shows. We enjoyed all of the entertainment which included three production shows: iHollywood, The Land of Make Believe, and Celebrate the World. These were some of the most talented performers and best productions we've had the pleasure to watch on any Celebrity ship. Guest entertainers included comedian Jim David, singer Jordan Bennett, juggler Jeff Taveggia, a very high-energy world champion pianist Ryan Ahern (who seemed to torch 30 keys a second), and comedian Joe Yannetty. The aerialists were equally impressive with very aggressive stunts. The Celebrity Singers and Dancers also performed a couple of great bonus shows in the Reflections Lounge: Sideshow, and Motown. Another well-attended show was "Liar's Club" featuring Alejandro, Sara (from the Activities team), and Captain Tasos Kafetzis. It was a laughfest from start to finish!

More details at: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/constellation2.html

THANKS!

was the "Celebrity Singers and Dancers also performed a couple of great bonus shows in the Reflections Lounge: Sideshow, and Motown" Interactive or just another show?

-Terry

Just off Constellation on the 12th. There was a late night comedian, John Wing. He did a family show one night, then a late night show on the 3rd night. He left the ship in Cozumel. There was a second comedian, but I don't remember his name. Jane Curry was the singer and she was fabulous! Don't miss her show!