New to CC and crossed-eyed from all the reading :)

flwrs4ever

Hi everyone, I am so thankful to have found CC !

I have spent the last month reading reviews and posts.

I will be going on my first cruise in September 2015 on Carnival Valor thanks to a good friends generosity.

We are doing the Western Cruise, and plan to do these tours/excursions.

1. Cozumel ... Chankanaab park and dolphin encounter

2. Belize...with all the reports of it being unsafe, we are thinking of a stay in port day( chocolate tour) with some quiet time on the boat. Anyone wish to give their opinion on a Belize ?

3. mahogany Bay, Roatan... Bodden tour guide

4. costa Maya....blue Kay

I would appreciate any feedback your willing to share with me :)

;)I have a few questions ;)

A. If we do excursions, like Chankanaab park/dolphin encounter, and the cruise line states it is 3 hours long. Is it possible to stay longer and enjoy the park, or are you restricted to that time-frame ??

B. Carrying on water or soda onto the ship....how much are you allowed to bring, and is there a certain way to pack it or bring onto the ship ?

C. Does Carnival have a fee for room service ?

Thanks to everyone here that has given me a wealth of information, I cannot imagine attempting a trip without reading everyone's tips and reviews first :D

Looking forward to hearing your responses, and is it bad that I am already planning what we can do on our second trip...and haven't left for first yet ?!

~Kym

Hi everyone, I am so thankful to have found CC !

I have spent the last month reading reviews and posts.

I will be going on my first cruise in September 2015 on Carnival Valor thanks to a good friends generosity.

We are doing the Western Cruise, and plan to do these tours/excursions.

1. Cozumel ... Chankanaab park and dolphin encounter

2. Belize...with all the reports of it being unsafe, we are thinking of a stay in port day( chocolate tour) with some quiet time on the boat. Anyone wish to give their opinion on a Belize ?

3. mahogany Bay, Roatan... Bodden tour guide

4. costa Maya....blue Kay

I would appreciate any feedback your willing to share with me :)

;)I have a few questions ;)

A. If we do excursions, like Chankanaab park/dolphin encounter, and the cruise line states it is 3 hours long. Is it possible to stay longer and enjoy the park, or are you restricted to that time-frame ??

B. Carrying on water or soda onto the ship....how much are you allowed to bring, and is there a certain way to pack it or bring onto the ship ?

C. Does Carnival have a fee for room service ?

Thanks to everyone here that has given me a wealth of information, I cannot imagine attempting a trip without reading everyone's tips and reviews first :D

Looking forward to hearing your responses, and is it bad that I am already planning what we can do on our second trip...and haven't left for first yet ?!

~Kym

Well, all I can answer is that Carnival's policy on beverages is no more than 12 beverages of no more than 20oz ea per person (soda & water). And it must be carried on, not checked.

A. don't know

B. we have taken as much as 2-12 packs of soda and a 12 pack of water which was for two adults and two kids. we use a duffle bag and pack it with shoes as well. we check it and have never had a problem. (plastic bottles only)

C. last year and every time we have ever sailed with them it was free. it is appropriate to tip the person that brings it to your cabin.

As for Belize, go to one of the three ruin sites. Lamanai was a bucket list item for me and was very much worth the cost. we will be there next week and its the kids turn. Belize city is no more or less safe than most of the ports down there. common sense will go a long way.

welcome to cruise critic!

A. At most places, you are allowed to stay and not return with the group. Be sure you check with the guide and let him/her know you are staying. You would be responsible for your own transportation back to the ship.

And if you leave the tour you are on your own. Most ships tours will wait should there be a delay. If you don't stay with the tour, the benefit is lost. Don't be late!

Belize is no more or less safe than any other Caribbean port. Don't be reckless and do be aware of your surroundings and you will be fine. We've been going for many years now and walk around and/or tour the island with no issues.

Everyone has thier own opinion on Belize. All I can do is give you my expierence. While taking a ships excursion a guide was asked about safety. His answer was, dont walk around the city, or venture into the countryside on your own, its not safe, there are bands of thieves out there. Our last trip to Belize we went cave rafting, had a great time.