Coffee Machines

hpecorari

We liked our morning & PM coffee (dark roast) strong and most of what's served on the ships just won't do, exception being LeBistro's freshly made Cappuccino (after dinner.) Just too much water & diluted taste/flavor ...

NCL has gone from those 4-cup coffee maker to hot water kettle to these little pod in the balcony staterooms; and, the Nescafe powder available/provided was good for a 4 or 5 oz. cup & that's about it - plus, not enough "instant" coffemate or creamer.

We always pack some of our own for travel - instant 3-in-1 coffee mix (Via by Starbucks, etc.) along with the double-insulated mug, as the small cup in the cabin/cafe gets cold very quickly. For 5-7 nights cruises packing lightly, not worthy the extra hassle & weight to pack our own French press, travel coffee maker kit or coffee drip in the luggage.

These coffee makers must be different than the ones in suites which have pods and they make one cup at a time.

I'll be staying in a GV for the first time. Can you tell me about those coffee machines. Do they also have pods that can make hot tea? Does it froth the milk for a Cappuccino?

Thanks,

Harriet

Think there might be a variance in type of coffee maker by ship. We were just on the Jewel and they still had the 4-cup ones.

Can you confirm these are the type that brew into an insulated pot. I was always informed that the 'hotel type' brewers with the hot plate were not allowed on ships. Thanks.

Can you confirm these are the type that brew into an insulated pot. I was always informed that the 'hotel type' brewers with the hot plate were not allowed on ships. Thanks.

I have been in cabins that had coffee makers that had a glass carafe with metal hot plate that made 4 cups at a time. I have also had cabins where the coffee maker just made one cup directly into the mug. None of these cabins were suites with the Lavazzo machines.

Rochelle