"Grocery" question for Sydney Residents

Truffle

We will be sailing on the Solstice "Pearls of the Pacific" cruise in a few weeks and will have a day and a half in Sydney prior to embarkation. I love to celebrate with Peach Bellinis while we are cruising. I have heard that they are on the menu in at least one of the bars but we like to enjoy them in our cabin, so we often bring aboard several cans/cartons of peach nectar and order a bottle of champagne or Asti for our cabin. Since we are departing from Sydney this time we'd like to find a grocery store in town to purchase the peach nectar before we board the ship. I have occasionally had some difficulty finding it in the grocery at home, although not recently and just wondered if an Sydney residents could advise if it is commonly carried in the grocery stores there and if so, could you recommend a grocery that is not too far from the cruise terminal?

Also, any recommendations for a good wine store?

Thanks so much!

Yeah, you'll have difficulty getting peach nectar in the city.

The nearest supermarket that may have it is I suggest Woolworths beside Wynyard station. There's also a Coles nearby, but it's smaller and I doubt would have it. The Woolworths is larger. However, I'd also say chances are low there as it's not a big seller.

For the most convenient wine, there's a small store at Circular Quay station, right beside the ship.

You can buy peach nectar at a gourmet grocer called Simon Johnson. They have a store in Harris St Pyrmont. You can order online too so perhaps you could make arrangements for delivery once you arrive.

You could also try the food hall at David Jones which is in the city centre.

Hmmm...taking Peach Nectar onboard a ship is a good idea, but is it allowed? I ask because I also love Peach Bellini's. On my last cruise, I ordered one twice in the Martini Bar. Both times, they were way too sweet. Too much peach syrup was used. :p

Since we have a Suite, we will have a bottle of champagne awaiting our arrival in the stateroom. I could make my own Bellini's, if I can find some nectar in Ft. Lauderdale (and be allowed to take onboard the ship.)

Hmmm...taking Peach Nectar onboard a ship is a good idea, but is it allowed? I ask because I also love Peach Bellini's. On my last cruise, I ordered one twice in the Martini Bar. Both times, they were way too sweet. Too much peach syrup was used. :p

Since we have a Suite, we will have a bottle of champagne awaiting our arrival in the stateroom. I could make my own Bellini's, if I can find some nectar in Ft. Lauderdale (and be allowed to take onboard the ship.)

There should be no issues taking peach nectar onboard. It's only alcohol that they monitor. If one can bring an entire case of sodas or water, there shouldn't be any problem at all with a few bottles of 'fruit juice'!

OK, I didn't know that sodas were Allowed, either. The Peach Nectar in our stores are in a can. I had never heard of it before until a visiting German friend asked us to get Apricot Nectar for their young daughter. Had a heck of a time finding it, and it was right under our noses! I was looking for it in bottles.

so we often bring aboard several cans/cartons of peach nectar and order a bottle of champagne or Asti for our cabin. Since we are departing from Sydney this time we'd like to find a grocery store in town to purchase the peach nectar before we board the ship. I have occasionally had some difficulty finding it in the grocery at home, although not recently and just wondered if an Sydney residents could advise if it is commonly carried in the grocery stores there and if so, could you recommend a grocery that is not too far from the cruise terminal?

Do remember you can bring up to 2 bottles of wine per cabin (sparkling wine counts) with you as you board and don't have to purchase once on board.

Frankly, each of you could bring 2 bottles on board for total of 4 to the cabin, and likely no one would notice.

If you do choose to order the sparkly because perhaps you used your carry-on allocation with other wines, I'd suggest ordering in advance from Gifts by Celebrity. Pricing is the same, but there is no 18% gratuity added on to the Gifts by Celebrity pricing, where there would be if you order once on board.

OK, I didn't know that sodas were Allowed, either. The Peach Nectar in our stores are in a can. I had never heard of it before until a visiting German friend asked us to get Apricot Nectar for their young daughter. Had a heck of a time finding it, and it was right under our noses! I was looking for it in bottles.

Yes, apricot nectar is more readily available here. Usually it's canned.

But for peach nectar, I'd say the suggestions from boatharbour are probably the most viable ones. David Jones is in the city, though a little distance away, whereas Pyrmont is next to the city so a bit further.