Favorite Molecular Bar Drink

BosoxI

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just to answer my own question, we dropped by the Molecular Bar on the Silhouette last week. On the recommendation of the couple next to us, we tried one whose name escapes me. Like lemonade and far too sweet for DW and me. So I asked the barkeep for a recommendation for a less sweet drink. "Black Mamba" he responds. Still too sweet. So our venture was a failure but I'm happy to see how many enjoy the drinks there. For me, they make my teeth ache

Our party tried the Kentucky Derby, and universally loathed it. We dubbed it "the gas mower". I did enjoy the ginger one (cannot remember its name) and the ladies enjoyed the one with what we termed "the salmon spew" floating on top

Our group of four was determined to go through every one of the (36?) drinks on the menu. I think we did. Dark Russian was my favorite. Molecular will be gone after this spring but it looks as though "X" is coming up with a generic version of their own as the bartenders were trying out their own drinks.

Our group of four was determined to go through every one of the (36?) drinks on the menu. I think we did. Dark Russian was my favorite. Molecular will be gone after this spring but it looks as though "X" is coming up with a generic version of their own as the bartenders were trying out their own drinks.

It is the "Tanned Russian";)

It is the "Tanned Russian";)
I believe that the "Tanned Russian" becomes the "Dark Russian" after you have consumed six of them in one sitting. :D

• 1 month later...

Molecular bar is gone on Eclipse but I tried The Buck Stops Here at the new World Class Bar. Bartenders have cute little black bow ties. Drink was about $12 + gratuity.

Molecular bar is gone on Eclipse but I tried The Buck Stops Here at the new World Class Bar. Bartenders have cute little black bow ties. Drink was about $12 + gratuity.

Did you enjoy the drink? Tell us more.

Just back off eclipse. Tried several of the drinks at new world class bar. All very nice but unfortunately not anything like the Molecular drinks. It's early days so hopefully the menu will expand. Three of them are outside the premium package so have to pay upgrade price.

We will be trying out the Molecular bar on the Reflection in about 11 days. I'm so excited to try some of the drinks. I will only try a few during the cruise for $13 a pop since they are not covered in my beverage package.

We will be trying out the Molecular bar on the Reflection in about 11 days. I'm so excited to try some of the drinks. I will only try a few during the cruise for $13 a pop since they are not covered in my beverage package.

I believe that the WB has already replaced it on the Reflection too.

If Adrian is still serving there you are in for a treat. He is the best barman I have ever encountered. Such a talented person.

If you upgrade at $11.80/day you can try as many as you want.

You can wait until your cruise only has 3 days remaining and upgrade then and then try as many drinks as you can in 3 days. ;)

For the cost of 1 drink at the Molecular Bar, you can upgrade your classic package to the premium package and enjoy as many drinks as you would like. As well as upgraded wines, craft beer, Evian, San Pellegrino, Red Bull and Vitamin Water. You also do not have to do it for the entire cruise. You can wait until the last 3 days to do it. Edit....should have read the entire thread before I responded....I see that Karen beat me to the punch with my information.

Edited by SNJCruisers

Did you enjoy the drink? Tell us more.

Yes I enjoyed the drink. Would tell more if I could remember exactly what was in it. It had a nice caramelized ginger garnish (quite handy if you are prone to sea sickness). Fun to watch bartenders too.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk