Any new entertainment on S-class?

Philomath

Hi all - We've taken a few S-class cruises over the past few years and while we are huge X fans, we've grown a bit tired of the theater shows. They seem to be literally the same shows with the same songs and lyrics for the past several years (Limelight, Remix, iHollywood, and cirque du soleil-type show with singers wailing during acrobatics). Have there been any new additions lately? Considering a mid-summer Europe trip so very curious!

The theatre production shows go on for 5 years. Even from ship to ship, they are very similar. On other nights, there will be 2 nights of comedians in a 7 day cruise. Then often 2 nights of musical groups such as impersonators, etc.

Sin City is now gone.

The theatre production shows go on for 5 years. Even from ship to ship, they are very similar. On other nights, there will be 2 nights of comedians in a 7 day cruise. Then often 2 nights of musical groups such as impersonators, etc.

Sin City is now gone.

Sin city is gone?! :( was really looking foward to that on the equinox in a few weeks. We don't get to cruise as often as we'd like so a little gutted we won't get to see one of those nights.

Edited by Cooso

I wonder if Indulgence is still operational?

Indulgence was done on Reflection last week. The cost was $20 p/p and I believe it sold out.

They had several shows during the week called "Society X". They were held in various venues (atrium, pool deck, solarium, martini bar and cellar masters). We attended two of them. One in the atrium which involves the dancers doing an "alice in wonderland" type theme with them dancing on the stairs and in the elevators. The other one was called "shadows" or something like that. It was in the Martini Bar and featured dancers dancing behind large screens so you only saw their shadows. The music was pretty good, but the themes themselves were a bit strange.

Onboard the Eclipse in January the stage manager told us that X is buying out the production companies. They´ve done that already with the Millennium class ships. And they do this with the S Class ships too. By October a new production show (now produced by X) will be available on the Eclipse she told us. The current signature shows are produced by a production company which owns the rights (therefore no video) and is also hiring the cast.

steamboats

That would be amazing if X were to take over productions! At least there'd be something new to see... for the next 5 years at least. Certainly not enough to keep us from enjoying our cruise but it would go a long way! I remember how thrilled I was at my first cruise show on RCCL and it would be great to capture that feeling again :)

On our Jan Equinox trip there was a Beatles tribute band one night which was a welcome respite from the semi amateur singers and dancers they usually have there. I am really not a fan of the Broadway style shows.

There were also the usual comedian and magician. They had a few little extra things also that we haven't seen in the past. I like variety type shows. I would think with TV shows like America's Got Talent there would be a pretty good well of different styles of entertainment to chose from. Enough of those worn out Broadway type shows with that curly headed kid with the sideburns that I think I've seen on almost every Celebrity cruise I've been on.