Quantum Experts: Quietest Cabins on Ship?

It seems that some ppl are reporting a lot of "noise" (creaking, banging) in some of the cabins. I just read one post in which someone said people in the "captain's corner" (?) reported a lot of noise. What is the captain's corner and is there any particular area (deck, forward, aft) that are reportedly quieter than others?

Thanks!

It seems that some ppl are reporting a lot of "noise" (creaking, banging) in some of the cabins. I just read one post in which someone said people in the "captain's corner" (?) reported a lot of noise. What is the captain's corner and is there any particular area (deck, forward, aft) that are reportedly quieter than others?

Thanks!

I have not sailed on the Quantum yet (May 2nd) and was interested in your question. The Captains Corner is a program on board.

The Captain takes questions about the ship from passengers at the Captains Corner and attempts to answer them in a miked Q and A talk show.

I think maybe the compartmental/ containerized installation of the cabins on the Quantum shown on an early construction video has

something to do with the creaking.

We hope it is bearable because I don't think the old shoving folded paper in the cracks we have used on older ships will work this time.

I have not sailed on the Quantum yet (May 2nd) and was interested in your question. The Captains Corner is a program on board.

The Captain takes questions about the ship from passengers at the Captains Corner and attempts to answer them in a miked Q and A talk show.

I think maybe the compartmental/ containerized installation of the cabins on the Quantum shown on an early construction video has

something to do with the creaking.

We hope it is bearable because I don't think the old shoving folded paper in the cracks we have used on older ships will work this time.

I just wonder if the creaking is worse in certain areas and whether it will get better in time.

Not sure what the person meant by it being noisier by the Captains Corner. Where is that?

Thx. Was your bed by the "closet" or by the balcony?

Bed by the bathroom not the balcony, either would have been fine for us but we preferred this arrangement since it was so cold in February, the interior of the balcony door was covered in ice.

Bed by the bathroom not the balcony, either would have been fine for us but we preferred this arrangement since it was so cold in February, the interior of the balcony door was covered in ice.

Thanks!

Guest maddycat
I just wonder if the creaking is worse in certain areas and whether it will get better in time.

Not sure what the person meant by it being noisier by the Captains Corner. Where is that?

The OP was talking about people questioning the Captain about the noise during the Captain's Corner. As someone else said, the Captain's Corner is a show in which the Captain answers questions from passengers.

The OP was talking about people questioning the Captain about the noise during the Captain's Corner. As someone else said, the Captain's Corner is a show in which the Captain answers questions from passengers.

Oh, OK...he seemed to be talking about it when discussing cabins, so I was confused!

Thanks!

We just returned from the 3/1 cruise in cabin 10610 (family JR suite) and we had LOTS of creaking, popping, and banging at night when the seas were a little rough or we were moving fast. I found some of the noise was from the clothing hangers so I removed all we were not using and that noise went away. Nothing is perfect and we will still sail this class of ship anytime. Fantastic ship overall!

Spa JS 12238................Has to be one of the quietest cabin we have ever stayed in. Have heard nothing from neighbors on either side of us and because of the cabins position across from the aft elevators we get little to no foot traffic by our cabin.

Would book this same cabin again anytime.

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

Spa JS 12238................Has to be one of the quietest cabin we have ever stayed in. Have heard nothing from neighbors on either side of us and because of the cabins position across from the aft elevators we get little to no foot traffic by our cabin.

Thx...but a JS is a little rich for my blood! LOL.

You are correct, we booked about 15 months out when this ship first was able to be booked.

With our DP discount we ended up paying

$1500 per person 8 day cruise.

You are right though at the current prices I see Anthem at I wouldn't book it either at those prices.

You are correct, we booked about 15 months out when this ship first was able to be booked.

With our DP discount we ended up paying

$1500 per person 8 day cruise.

You are right though at the current prices I see Anthem at I wouldn't book it either at those prices.

That's not bad at all for a JS on an 8-day. We're paying about that in a D7 on a 9-day, and I booked as soon as the sailing opened!

We had a SJS #13636 on Deck 13 in January and heard lots of creaking and other noises the first 2 and the last 2 days and nights.

We had a SJS #13636 on Deck 13 in January and heard lots of creaking and other noises the first 2 and the last 2 days and nights.

Correction, our room for that sailing was 12638, just on the other side of the ship from you and it was not quiet. The noise did not keep us up at night and would have no problem booking it again.