Cuban Food in Miami?

Karaoke_Nadine

Tobacco Road is GONE! Closed back at the end of October 2014. The building was torn down quickly. All that's left is an empty lot.

It was a fun last day though!

did not know that

web page is still up and gives "today's hours" :confused:

had to read all the rolling screens to find reference to their 'last day'

I saw the place on Emeril's Florida a while back .... it sure wasn't the TR from the 80's anymore! Saw John Lee Hooker upstairs back then ....

Another one bites the dust

did not know that

web page is still up and gives "today's hours" :confused:

had to read all the rolling screens to find reference to their 'last day'

I saw the place on Emeril's Florida a while back .... it sure wasn't the TR from the 80's anymore! Saw John Lee Hooker upstairs back then ....

Another one bites the dust

They have the web page active because the employees were trying to re-open the bar on an adjacent piece of property and were holding fundraisers for that.

Tobacco Road is actually going to be on the brand new NCL ship that is coming out. They will use some of the pieces from the bar. And Leo, who ran the short lived Cocktail Collection that was upstairs in Tobacco Road will be doing all the cocktails for NCL! For the moment you can find him doing a pop-up bar at American Social on Thursday nights. He's got some great things coming up for the NCL ship!!

You can also take the metro mover over to the Brickell area besides walking.

Havana 1957 in Brickell is one place and it's right by the last stop of the metro mover which is the financial district stop. You can leisurely walk back from this place.

Havana Coffee & Tea Co is walkable from the hotel. I have not personally eaten there but have read good reviews on it

Havana Coffee & Tea Co is a lovely little gem on Flagler Street. They have a nice selection of Cuban/Spanish tapas and a nice wine bar. Some evenings they have wine and champagne tastings.

asking where to get Cuban food in Miami is like asking where to get good thin crust pizza in New York City, or deep dish in Chicago

sure, there are a few "well knowns" that the tourists go to - and some locals to be sure esp with out of town guests .... and almost every local knows a mom-and-pop that beats 'em hands down . . .

ask at the front desk and odds are they'll tell you about a hole in the wall around the corner with great food and no advertising . . . probably where they go for lunch or dinner on their break.

This is very true.

They have the web page active because the employees were trying to re-open the bar on an adjacent piece of property and were holding fundraisers for that.

Tobacco Road is actually going to be on the brand new NCL ship that is coming out. They will use some of the pieces from the bar. And Leo, who ran the short lived Cocktail Collection that was upstairs in Tobacco Road will be doing all the cocktails for NCL! For the moment you can find him doing a pop-up bar at American Social on Thursday nights. He's got some great things coming up for the NCL ship!!

So sad about Tobacco Road! We tried to get there before they closed but it just didn't happen!

I wonder if it will translate on the cruise ship? I know we know how special TR is but maybe others won't?

We love American Social. The one in Fort Lauderdale is literally stumbling distance from my house on Las Olas which is good after a boozy brunch! We also love the one in Brickell.

And.. Leo left my place tonight and I told him he needs to come on CC and discuss his new bar on NCL. I will get him together with the moderators so he can discuss the new NCL ship and the bar that it entails.

Wish I knew how to post the video of him doing his magic because it's great!