Cuban Food in Miami?

Karaoke_Nadine

Can anyone suggest a good Cuban Restaurant in Miami? We will be staying at the Hilton Airport a day prior to sailing. Wanna try some good food. Any suggestions? We won't have a car but I'm sure a taxi will get us there.

If ya have any other ideas....I'm open to that too. ;)

Can anyone suggest a good Cuban Restaurant in Miami? We will be staying at the Hilton Airport a day prior to sailing. Wanna try some good food. Any suggestions? We won't have a car but I'm sure a taxi will get us there.

If ya have any other ideas....I'm open to that too. ;)

Puerto sagua in South Beach was really good, if you plan on visiting South Beach then check them out really good food and prices are very reasonable. I wouldn't take a cab unless i was visiting South Beach anyway, kinda pricey just for dinner.

A nice local Cuban diner type restaurant in North Miami called Little Havana Restaurant. A huge selection of food and reasonably priced.

In South Beach, Larios is a popular restaurant with great service, food and drinks. You can eat outside or inside.:cool:

I live in Miami. I personally like Café Versailles, La Carreta, and Las Vegas restaurants. My favorite meal at La Carreta is the ropa vieja, congri (black beans and rice with some pork and sofrito), and the maduros (sweet plantains).

I live in Miami. I personally like Café Versailles, La Carreta, and Las Vegas restaurants. My favorite meal at La Carreta is the ropa vieja, congri (black beans and rice with some pork and sofrito), and the maduros (sweet plantains).

Mmm hmmm... Chicken Carretero from La Carreta, and the lechon asado from Las Vegas

Versailles makes, IMHO, the best cortadito anywhere.

I lived in Miami for many years (and I'm also Hispanic). Versailles is as authentic as it gets. It's located in the heart of Little Havana and the clientele is mostly local.

I never ate at Las Vegas so I can't comment.

La Carreta is a great option as well and they have multiple locations throughout South Florida, even at the Miami Airport. It has more of a "chain restaurant" vibe but the food is still very good.

If you are really looking for great Cuban food you have to go to Versailles. The place is always packed with locals and tourists. They have different daily specials and there flan is excellent and I really don't eat many desserts. My friend likes the two Cuban sampler dishes. I enjoy the boliche, Cuban pot roast with black beans and rice and sweet plaintains. The Cuban beef stew is also very good. Their bakery is also very good for a coffee and a pastry. You definitely have to try it!

asking where to get Cuban food in Miami is like asking where to get good thin crust pizza in New York City, or deep dish in Chicago

sure, there are a few "well knowns" that the tourists go to - and some locals to be sure esp with out of town guests .... and almost every local knows a mom-and-pop that beats 'em hands down . . .

ask at the front desk and odds are they'll tell you about a hole in the wall around the corner with great food and no advertising . . . probably where they go for lunch or dinner on their break.

asking where to get Cuban food in Miami is like asking where to get good thin crust pizza in New York City, or deep dish in Chicago

sure, there are a few "well knowns" that the tourists go to - and some locals to be sure esp with out of town guests .... and almost every local knows a mom-and-pop that beats 'em hands down . . .

ask at the front desk and odds are they'll tell you about a hole in the wall around the corner with great food and no advertising . . . probably where they go for lunch or dinner on their break.

Aye Aye' Captn!!! :p

Will be staying at courtyard by Marriott downtown...would like to get a good Cuban sandwich for lunch...any suggestions...walking distance.

You can also take the metro mover over to the Brickell area besides walking.

Havana 1957 in Brickell is one place and it's right by the last stop of the metro mover which is the financial district stop. You can leisurely walk back from this place.

Havana Coffee & Tea Co is walkable from the hotel. I have not personally eaten there but have read good reviews on it

Mar' Downton is AKA Mar' Biscayne Bay (which sits just east of what was the OMNI many years ago)? I'm asking as there are multiple Mar' properties in Miami . . .

When I visit my daughter who works just a bit up Biscayne BLVD from MAR' BB we go get a Cuban lunch at

Enriqueta's Sandwich Shop

186 NE 29th St Miami, FL 33137

(305) 573-4681

the lunch wait to get in is not unusual to be 15 to 20 minutes altho faster if willing to sit at the counter .... and they do a HUGE carry-out business from a window too (as do most good local Cuban places)

it IS about a mile from the Mar' B Bay .. but that's a short taxi ride ... As I said previously, ask at the hotel desk for a recommendation and you may find something closer (probably); but when dd asked the office folks where to go for a GOOD Cuban sandwich after starting in Miami, this is where they sent us .... and the line at lunch time was a fact .... getting a parking place is an issue too!

menu: http://southflorida.menupages.com/restaurants/enriquetas-sandwich-shop/menu

A YELP review:

I was born in Miami and I am Cuban-American so it is fair to say that I have had my fair share of Cuban sandwiches. From growing up eating every weekend at La Carreta to those weekends when you end up at Sergio's - I have tried a few.

But there was something very special when I saw the Cuban sandwich from Enriqueta's.

At first you walk in and realize that you are literally eating in a hole in the wall restaurant in the middle of Midtown and Wynwood, but you can smell the appetizing aroma of the place from across the street.

At first I was going to put together a list of the best Cuban sandwiches in Miami, but I decided this sandwich merited its own post. When you get the Cuban the first thing you realize is that the cheese is simply oozing out of the sandwich, literally. You open it up just to see what goodness it is made out of and you see your ham, pork, cheese, mustard, pickle and two croquetas. Oh and did I mention that the Cuban bread is toasted to absolute perfection?

If you haven't tried the Cuban sandwich from Enriqueta's then I suggest you make a trip out there this weekend. It is so worth it. And if I were you I would pair it with a Materva. This is heaven my friends.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34438-d835509-Reviews-Enriqueta_s_Sandwich_Shop-Miami_Florida.html

NOT FANCY .... this a worker's breakfast & lunch place and they want to turn tables over FAST .... if not ready to order you'll get attitude! .... NOT open for dinner.

https://3guysfrommiami.com/enriquetas.html

Edited by Capt_BJ

OH

I see now you said CourtYard . . . .

never mind ... you are not close .....

BUT this is an example of a local place you might only find by asking at the desk

at Courtyard you are close to Tobacco Road

not Cuban but famous in its own right . . .

http://www.tobacco-road.com/

Edited by Capt_BJ

OH

I see now you said CourtYard . . . .

never mind ... you are not close .....

BUT this is an example of a local place you might only find by asking at the desk

at Courtyard you are close to Tobacco Road

not Cuban but famous in its own right . . .

http://www.tobacco-road.com/

Tobacco Road is GONE! Closed back at the end of October 2014. The building was torn down quickly. All that's left is an empty lot.

It was a fun last day though!