Can you explain to me how RCI and Celebrity intermix..

Kosi

I am Emerald on RCI, and once on a 7 day trip on Celebrity , but in a suite so that counts as 14. .. can anyone please help me .. does RCI carry over to Celebrity.. and what would I be now..? We are looking to an Alaskan cruise for 2016.. thank you so much for your input!

Each program is separate -- points you earn on Royal cannot be applied to Celebrity and vice versa.

Did you enroll in Captain's Club while you were on Celebrity? If so, call them and they can look up your current status.

From the Celebrity website FAQ

Captain's Club Classic members receive Le Club Voyage Adventurer benefits. Captain's Club Select members receive Crown & Anchor Platinum and Le Club Voyage Explorer benefits. Captain's Club Elite members receive Crown & Anchor Diamond and Le Club Voyage Discoverer benefits. The same holds true for Crown & Anchor members and Le Club Voyage members when sailing on Celebrity.

Credits are not combinable across brands*; however as members move up in tier, the membership level will be automatically upgraded across all enrolled programs. If you are currently a member of both Captain's Club and Crown & Anchor programs, you will automatically receive benefits based on your highest membership level between the two. The benefits of the two programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. You will earn the tier credit for the brand you are sailing as long as you are a member of that brand's loyalty program.

Edited by cruisestitch

Okay it says I am Select..that has to be due mainly cause of RCI.. my next question would be.. we would be taking my Son and his wife.. can I take them along with some of the things.. ie getting onboard and off.. My son would actually have 14 days on Celebrity and 7 on RCI.. thank you again for any help.. as always.. so great!

Edited by Kosi

There will be a cocktail party for Select and above, but you won't be able to take others who are not at that level.

At embarkation there might be different check-in lines for different levels of Captain's Club, and if you are all together, they probably will let your son and wife enter the check-in line with you.

My son would actually have 14 days on Celebrity and 7 on RCI..

Again, the points can't be combined for purposes of determining/earning status, so his RCI points are meaningless.

I don't know how Celebrity does the conversion from cruise nights to cruise points, but after what I'm guessing is 2 cruises, likely your son is at the classic level. He can log in at Celebrity to find out for sure.

At the classic level, I don't believe he is eligible for any reciprocal status on Royal (likewise for his gold status on Royal.)

Edited by waterbug123

The points you actually have on Celebrity should be on the web site. They will depend on when you took the cruise (before or after conversion), number of days and possible type of cabin, again dependent on when you took the cruise.

Your son's status will depend on his age. If below 18 he cannot be a member of Captains Club, if over 18 same rules apply as adults as long as Celebrity has proof of the cruises. Again, depends on when he took cruise.

The points will only count towards any Celebrity cruises you took, you may have a status transferred over because of previous cruises on RCCL>

Edited by dkjretired

There will be a cocktail party for Select and above, but you won't be able to take others who are not at that level.

At embarkation there might be different check-in lines for different levels of Captain's Club, and if you are all together, they probably will let your son and wife enter the check-in line with you.

Can my Husband come with me to party even though he is not at my level? I would never go alone.. they have to realize this ..right?

Can my Husband come with me to party even though he is not at my level? I would never go alone.. they have to realize this ..right?

Yes your husband can come with you. For the Select and above category there is no rsvp required and they do not print invitations out any longer. They give you a sheet that lists all the events you are entitled to with times and location but they do not check at the door. For the Select wine tasting you have to rsvp with your name, cabin number and how many will be attending but I assume you can still bring your husband.

Yes your husband will be able to come to any Captain's Club events with you but your son and his wife would not be able to attend based on your level unless they were staying in the same cabin. The Captain's Club invitations we've received in the past have said "members and companions staying in the same suite/stateroom over 21 years old are welcome...". This has been for the Elite events, which include some of the Select events, but I'm sure the same policy applies for select members.

As far as the programs, if it isn't clear already:

Celebrity and RCL provide reciprocal benefits. What that means is that if you've obtained the second tier or higher in either program you'll be entitled to the benefits of the similar tier in the other company's program. But the points you earn on Celebrity only count towards Celebrity and not RCL. For example if you take your first Celebrity cruise which earns 14 points, then your Celebrity points would be 14 and your RCL points would be unchanged.

Edited by Lsimon

Your son's status will depend on his age. If below 18 he cannot be a member of Captains Club, if over 18 same rules apply as adults as long as Celebrity has proof of the cruises. Again, depends on when he took cruise.

The son and his wife will be on the cruise, so I'd assume the son is over 18.:)

Good FYI for others though.

The son and his wife will be on the cruise, so I'd assume the son is over 18.:)

Good FYI for others though.

Well now, have you ever been to Arkansas? ;)(sorry neighbors)

Edited by ORV