I had to do it!! Owners Suite!!

AnitaVacation

AWESOME!!! Make a video!! There are no video's of this actual cabin....there is a video of the Star 12502.....and a so/so video of Dawn 12002 (opposite side)...but it's not very good....

And let me know how it is!!! I've sailed on both the Star and the Dawn before...but never in a DOS....

Oh I plan on it!!!

I should have plenty of high quality photos and videos to share when we get back!

Yes, the 4 DOS are on 12 and the 4 OS are split between 9 and 10. Are you in the inner or outer DOS on 12? The outer have a really nice side wing to see down the side of the ship.

The end DOS are amazing with the non-stop floor-to-ceiling views all the way around!

It's a shame that most of the diagrams/floor plans do not show that there is the little "wing" sticking out, just like on the Bridge on the deck below, and that it also has ALL WINDOWS.

It was especially fun to look "back" and watch the lifeboats being lowered and lifted again when they were exercised while in Bermuda.

And the view from that bed... wow!

The two middle DOS do have a different advantage for those who need it: 2 separate bedrooms and 2 separate bathrooms (but the second ones are very small). The LR does not have the same wide, expansive views as the two outer DOS.

We loved that view, but of course, no balcony.

We are torn for the next Bermuda trip: DOS or OS (with forward and side balconies).

Either way, it's wonderful.

GeezerCouple

We had our choice....so I grabbed 12502 on the side....much more of a view....the inside DOS's have a small 2nd bedroom which would be great for extra people or kids....but since we will be sailing with neither....I went for the spectacular view!!!

And...omg....there is a tv in the bathroom over the Jacuzzi tub!! :cool:

We were in the other side (12002), and that jacuzzi tub... DEEP!!

What a luxury!

The tub on the Pearl Haven suites is right next to a picture window, so that is truly amazing. (

And DH insisted on taking some "almost x-rated photos" of me, with bubble bath and book covering the major bits ;) .

We were just looking at those photos yesterday, and the huge view of the water through that picture window (and also the floor-to-ceiling window in the separate shower).

But NOTHING compares to the view from those DOS.

We could watch the water/waves - even at night, by moonlight - without getting out of bed.

And that tub is one of the deepest tubs anywhere.

ENJOY!

GeezerCouple

We are headed to Nola as we speak to stay in 12500 on the dawn. Excited to live the suite life. Wished we had an outside room but this fits our family needs. The amenities are a little vague. Are we to assume we receive unlimited drinks inside the room?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are headed to Nola as we speak to stay in 12500 on the dawn. Excited to live the suite life. Wished we had an outside room but this fits our family needs. The amenities are a little vague. Are we to assume we receive unlimited drinks inside the room?

I think so.....it does say water/soda replenished daily....it does not say anything about a charge.....it does mention the charge for dinner from specialty restaurants, so, if there were a charge for the soda/water, I think it would say so.............

If you go to the ncl site and type in penthouses and suites in the search bar...you will find the full list of amenities...

Edited by AnitaVacation

I think so.....it does say water/soda replenished daily....it does not say anything about a charge.....it does mention the charge for dinner from specialty restaurants, so, if there were a charge for the soda/water, I think it would say so.............

If you go to the ncl site and type in penthouses and suites in the search bar...you will find the full list of amenities...

As of last September, in those DOS, yes... just ask your Butler to keep you well supplied with whichever soft drinks or water (still or sparkling) you prefer.

We hate Pepsi, so we bring our own Diet Coke.

So we kept asking for more San Pelligrino, to stay hydrated.

(And we just brought bottles from our suite to dinner, or we'd have been charged for ordering the same thing there.)

For those who like Pepsi products, this is a really good perk.

GeezerCouple

Unlimited soft drinks/water. Limited to the three liters of alcohol that you ordered, those are not replenished.

Unlimited soft drinks/water. Limited to the three liters of alcohol that you ordered, those are not replenished.

Our butler noticed we liked juices and milk, so in addition to the unlimited soft drinks and water he kept a pitcher of juice in our refrigerator and cartons for milk.

I love these deck 12 DOS suites - the location is like being the captain of the ship.

I can't believe I have to wait almost 1.5 yrs for this trip.....but I guess it does pay to book way in advance, I've never seen that suite for the price we paid...especially not with all the freebies that ncl is piling on top...

Fingers crossed that this ncl promotion is still going next week (payday)..I may have to book our 2017 cruise :D

Have a great time. Like you, our family required a middle DOS, for the 2nd bedroom, for our May cruise on the Dawn. Hope you'll post your experience on CC. It's not our first suite but it is our first DOS and l am super excited. I believe water and soft drinks are unlimited and 3 bottles of alcohol from their list.

Have a great time. Like you, our family required a middle DOS, for the 2nd bedroom, for our May cruise on the Dawn. Hope you'll post your experience on CC. It's not our first suite but it is our first DOS and l am super excited. I believe water and soft drinks are unlimited and 3 bottles of alcohol from their list.

Yes, the San Pellegrino water and regular water (roughly 1.5 L as I recall) are unlimited as well as the somewhat limited selection of Pepsi products plus 3 bottles of booze from the limited list.

Edited by dexddd

The end DOS are amazing with the non-stop floor-to-ceiling views all the way around!

It's a shame that most of the diagrams/floor plans do not show that there is the little "wing" sticking out, just like on the Bridge on the deck below, and that it also has ALL WINDOWS.

It was especially fun to look "back" and watch the lifeboats being lowered and lifted again when they were exercised while in Bermuda.

And the view from that bed... wow!

The two middle DOS do have a different advantage for those who need it: 2 separate bedrooms and 2 separate bathrooms (but the second ones are very small). The LR does not have the same wide, expansive views as the two outer DOS.

We loved that view, but of course, no balcony.

We are torn for the next Bermuda trip: DOS or OS (with forward and side balconies).

Either way, it's wonderful.

GeezerCouple

We did the Star DOS for Alaska and the Dawn OS for Bermuda. Probably can't go wrong either way. Our kids loved the side balcony as they would get up earlier than us in the a.m. and they would sit out there. The side balcony is a double wide.

The one thing with the Dawn OS though is they really needed some TLC. Interesting to see if they fix them up in the dry dock next year.

We did the Star DOS for Alaska and the Dawn OS for Bermuda. Probably can't go wrong either way. Our kids loved the side balcony as they would get up earlier than us in the a.m. and they would sit out there. The side balcony is a double wide.

The one thing with the Dawn OS though is they really needed some TLC. Interesting to see if they fix them up in the dry dock next year.

The Dawn's DOS (at least the one we were in, one of the end ones) also could have used some TLC, although the bathroom was like new.

But the space and the views were so incredible, that it was easy to overlook some wear and tear.

(There is *so* much space in the huge LR, that it would have been nice if they had added at least another half-bath when they created the 1BR DOS in that last renovation. But that's such a first world problem...!)

We are taking the Sun to Alaska, specifically because of the huge suite. It reminds us of the Dawn DOS, but --> with a huge balcony, too :)

GeezerCouple

Hi Anita,

Congrats on the Owner's suite.

We are also going to be in the same Owner's suite on January 2017. We were looking forward to travelling to a new destination, but the prices on the owners suite and the perks are too good to ignore.

We were able to secure our owners suite for $1766 pp (AARP discount). Considering all the perks UBP ($892.00), UDP ($258.00), OBC ($200.00), pre-paid gratuties ($209.30), it is like we are paying for a single person.

At this point, we are playing on using the OBC for the tip for the butler and some for the concierge. Not really sure what we are going to do with the three bottles of alcohol since we have the UBP. I guess that we can always bring the alcohol home or have a big party in the suite.

Enjoy your cruise,

Johan

Why? Why is it a no brainer? It's not the GV. Two Haven villas to one DOS, I guess it works for you. I don't understand that but I have no idea of all the particulars and it's none of my business. Enjoy.

To the OP, congrats!

Check out the floor plan for the ESCAPE'S DOS. That may give you an understanding of why is was a no brainier for us. The Escape doesn't have an GV, so that's a moot point. I'm not quite sure why you quoted and replied to my post if in your words "it's none of my business". Thanks! We will most certainly enjoy our suite [emoji4]

Edited by Cruzncutie

Check out the floor plan for the ESCAPE'S DOS. That may give you an understanding of why is was a no brainier for us. The Escape doesn't have an GV, so that's a moot point. I'm not quite sure why you quoted and replied to my post if in your words "it's none of my business". Thanks! We will most certainly enjoy our suite [emoji4]

Oh I see now, my bad. I thought it was like the GA and BA one bedroom. That does look sweeeeet. Enjoy

The suite perks are worth every penny to me.

We had two weeks on the Jade last summer and all the extras were amazing.

Breakfast and lunch in Cagneys were a highlight, also the concierge getting us ashore early especially on tender island's like Santorini.

Oh and the supply of M & M's and gummy bears are what my boys enjoyed :-)

We had our choice....so I grabbed 12502 on the side....much more of a view....the inside DOS's have a small 2nd bedroom which would be great for extra people or kids....but since we will be sailing with neither....I went for the spectacular view!!!

And...omg....there is a tv in the bathroom over the Jacuzzi tub!! :cool:

I was in that suite 2 years ago--------loved it.

Didn't miss a balcony, because you're just steps from the pool deck. There are TVs in the livingroom, bedroom, and bathroom.

Hi Anita,

Congrats on the Owner's suite.

We are also going to be in the same Owner's suite on January 2017. We were looking forward to travelling to a new destination, but the prices on the owners suite and the perks are too good to ignore.

We were able to secure our owners suite for $1766 pp (AARP discount). Considering all the perks UBP ($892.00), UDP ($258.00), OBC ($200.00), pre-paid gratuties ($209.30), it is like we are paying for a single person.

At this point, we are playing on using the OBC for the tip for the butler and some for the concierge. Not really sure what we are going to do with the three bottles of alcohol since we have the UBP. I guess that we can always bring the alcohol home or have a big party in the suite.

Enjoy your cruise,

Johan

Wow...you got a fab deal too!! We can't sail in the winter months, we live in NY and my husbands job is winter weather related....

$892 for the UBP?? You plan on drinking a lot....lol

ps....if you would have booked it with (a company that deals in Cruises Only) you would have gotten and additional $150 obc (in exchange for their $24.99 booking charge)...in fact, you can still transfer your reservation to an agent, I did it recently with a Norwegian cruise (booked directly with Norwegian, and then transferred it to my agent) and got an additional obc...

ps....I don't think you can use obc to tip your butler and concierge (can you?)

Edited by AnitaVacation

ok...couldn't help myself....had to take advantage of all the freebies that Norwegian is offering and booked the Owners Suite on the Dawn for next Oct (2016)....includes the bev package, dining package, obc and gratuities! Plus all the amenities you get with the suite!! (still way cheaper than a Haven suite)...so excited!! :D

ps...I also booked it via (an online booking agent that deals in Cruises only) and got an additional $150 obc from them!! Looks like we will be taking advantage of massages in the spa!! ;)

We book a Owners Suite simply due to the fact we are both very busy people and our time at home together is limited so put us in one room for 7-10 days one of us might not make it back :D

• 2 weeks later...